Chapter 4 | Just Pretend

Tenten woke up to familiar yet unfamiliar surroundings. She sat up, glancing around the room. Sakura and Temari were snoring in their sleeping bags, Hinata sat on the couch, her eyes glued to her phone, and a noise could be heard from the bathroom, which she assumed was Ino. 

"Good morning," Tenten mumbled, and Hinata glanced up.

She smiled at the brunette. "Good morning Tenten, did you sleep well?"

"Yes," Tenten replied, "But I had a weird dream about eating something disgusting." She grimaced at the thought of the disgusting black curry. The dream was so vivid to the point she could taste the concoction. 

Hinata giggled at the face she made.

After exchanging a few words with the girls that were awake, Tenten headed back to her dorm at 10:34. She unlocked the door and nearly ran into a black haired girl, who glared at her. Tenten scowled and glared right back, shuddering at the thought of why she could possibly be in the same room as Neji. 

"Neji, who's this disgusting whore that entered your room?" The girl asked.

"I'm his roommate," Tenten replied, rolling her eyes as she strolled past her. She felt a hand grab her wrist and she turned, seeing the girl glaring at her. "What do you want?" The brunette snapped. The girl didn't answer, but instead attempted to punch her. Tenten caught her fist in her hand and shoved her backwards, and she stumbled out the door. 

Tenten slammed the door shut. "Neji, why can't you go to their room instead?" She asked in irritation. She was so damn tired of Neji making out with random girls in the dorm room she had to share with him.

"Things might go too far if I go to their room. Besides, most people have a roommate," He replied, his voice cold and emotionless as always. 

"Wow, so you don't respect the fact I'm your roommate and I don't want to see you constantly making out with random girls?" Tenten asked, her anger rising. 

Neji opened his mouth but then closed it again, not saying anything.

"Damn you Hyuga, don't you have the slightest bit of dignity?! You think it's ok just to toy with people's feelings. Sure, some of those girls don't care about feelings but I guarantee that you've hurt more than one person while playing your little game," Tenten seethed, glaring daggers at the man. 

"Do you ever shut up?" He asked, his tone unbelievably calm.

"No, and I won't shut up because what you're doing is-" She froze, feeling her back slam against something. 

Neji had pinned her against the wall, smirking in triumph. "Seems like you can shut up after all," He whispered in her ear, his voice like honey. 

Tenten could feel her fury dissipating, but she restrained from giving in. Oh, how she wanted to wipe that smirk off his gorgeous face. She scowled, slapping him angrily. Surprised filled his expression, and Tenten took the opportunity to push him away from her, brushing herself off. "Keep your filthy hands off me," She snapped. Someone flashed across his face- hurt? Sadness? Anger? Tenten didn't know, and she didn't care. She tossed her blanket back into the closet before hopping onto her bed and checking her phone. Neji left the dorm to do something, leaving her in peace. She stayed on her phone, scrolling through slightly boring social media apps to pass the time. When he came back, she rolled her eyes and ignored him.

"Tenten," Neji stated.

"What do you want?" She asked, glaring at him.

"I apologize for what happened earlier."

"Wow, never imagined you'd apologize," Tenten muttered. "What are you apologizing for anyways? Invading my space or bringing another girl into the dorm that I'm forced to share with you?"