Chapter 16 | Masquerade Party

The gym was transformed into a beautiful Halloween-themed room. Black, orange, and purple streamers were everywhere above them. Tenten looked at it with awe, wondering how the hell anyone could get up there and manage to decorate it magnificently without breaking a bone on accident. Balloon bunches were also on the ceiling, and many black, orange, and purple balloons were decorating tables, floating in the air but connected to balloon weights, or decorating the railings of the bleachers. A DJ booth stood next to a wall, complete with multicolored lights, except the music wasn't playing yet. Tables were set up on one end of the room, and snacks sat on the tables, waiting to be eaten. A few people were already gobbling down snacks or taking sips of punch.

"Be careful, the punch was spiked last year," Ino warned the group before they all parted ways.

Neji gave a sigh, remembering how Tenten acted when she was drunk. He didn't want to deal with a drunk Tenten again.

"Well, if it's spiked, it better taste good," Sakura replied, shrugging and walking off.

Tenten headed over to the refreshment table, grabbing a chocolate and popping it in her mouth. Ino followed, eyeing the chocolate but refusing to take any. The brunette looked at her as if asking why, and Ino replied, "Diet."

"Ah, ok," Tenten replied. "So, what made you so smug at the costume store?"

"You see Tennie, I planned most of the costumes. Since Sakura and Hinata aren't over here, I'll tell you this, but keep the info to yourself and Neji if you want, since he doesn't gossip or anything. Basically, Hinata is beauty and Naruto is the beast. I already told you about the Sasuke and Sakura costumes, right?"

"Yep," The brunette replied, grinning. "Ooh, there's the beast." They turned to look at Naruto, who was one table away, dressed in his costume.

"Now, we just need Hinata to talk to him. Want to help?" Ino asked.

"Yeah."

"Alright, your job is to find Hinata and get her over to Naruto, then run off. Deal?"

Tenten nodded, heading off to find Hinata. It wasn't hard, considering that she wore yellow, an easily spotted color. She found Hinata over at the DJ booth, talking to someone in a dog costume.

"...okay Kiba," She heard Hinata say. Ah, of course Kiba was in a dog costume.

"Hinata!" Tenten called.

Hinata turned, looking for the source of the voice. "Tenten!" Hinata said, her voice soft and cheerful.

"Hey Hinata! I just came to tell you that," Tenten began, wondering what she should say. "Uh, there's this really delicious dessert you have to try! Come on!" Before Hinata could answer, the brunette grabbed her arm and dragged her towards the refreshment tables.

"What dessert is it?" Hinata asked.

"Uh," Tenten replied, scanning the area, feeling a strong urge to say "the dessert is called Naruto". She saw Naruto and immediately dragged Hinata over. "Here. You two talk."

Naruto gave her a confused look before turning to Hinata, who was at unrecognizable due to the yellow mask she was wearing.

"Gotta go talk to Ino, bye!" Tenten quickly said before hurrying off. Ino wasn't too hard to find either, dressed in a poofy, sparkly Cinderella gown. "Ino, I'm done," She informed the platinum blonde.

"Great!" Ino replied, smirking. "I got Sakura to go to Sasuke. Now, we just spy on people all night. Are you willing to continue being my assistant?"

"I'd love to," Tenten replied, chuckling. "Things like this get boring after it's just dancing. I'm not drinking the punch unless I know for sure it's alcohol-free."