Chapter 20 {"I love you..."}

This is my favorite cover of the song, I know it's acoustic and it's a female voice but just roll with it.

Quick recap of ch.19
~~~~
He never wanted to love anyone in his life.

Keith made him feel different. He made Lance feel this thing he is so scared of and he never wants to lose him.

I vow to never let you go Kitten. I wouldn't be able to bear it.
~~~

As he recalled such awful memories of his childhood, a chill ran down his spine. He stared at his hands fear shaking through his body. The way he stared at his hands was like he felt guilty. Like he felt the death of his brothers and father, was his own fault when in reality, it was quite the opposite. He couldn't do anything even if he tried. He was only a child. Fighting against a grown man would be nearly impossible. Or was it a female? He couldn't remember, nor did he want to.

Throughout the car ride Keith was very concerned. "What is up with Lance?" He found himself asking this to himself quite often throughout 20 minute trip to the school. It made him feel slightly uncomfortable, and scared. Not for his own sake but for Lance's. He also felt uncomfortable with the fact that he didn't have the strength to say anything.

"Lance? Are you ok honey?" Keith asked putting his hand on Lance's shoulder. The name at the end seemed to really snap him out of his worried state. He looked at Keith for a few moments before hugging him tightly. Not that Keith minded the affection, but the hug felt out of the blue. Like something was being kept from him. And he didn't like it.

Moments later they arrived at the school. The group got out of the limo and spotted Romelle outside the doors. She waved over to Josh who waved back. Keith noticed a girl standing close to her. Maybe she's at the dance with her? "Hey Josh, who's that girl your sister is standing with?" he asked. All of the group's eyes went on the two ladies who were waiting patiently for them. "Oh that's probably her girlfriend, I've never met her but I guess I wouldn't have met her because Romi and I were separated so..who knows?" He explained. Probably one of the weirdest explanations Keith has heard but, ok whatever.

They got to where Romelle was and greeted her. "Hi guys! This is Allura, she's my girlfriend!"She said excitedly. She then nudged her to introduce herself. It was obvious that she was nervous and wanted to be accepted by them. "Hi, I'm Allura I go to a private school unfortunately and not yours but I'll be transferring!" She said in a thick British accent. They all waved and introduced themselves to her. "Hi I'm Josh I'm her twin brother I feel bad you're dating her, you could do so much better" he said while laughing slightly. Romelle playfully slapped his arm. "I was talking about Elle by the way, not you. You're very nice!" He clarified. He didn't want to make a mean impression on her. "No worries, I understood what you meant! You're very right, but we all need a challenge!" She teased. Romelle playfully slapped her arm as well but gave up on being mad when Allura kissed her cheek.

"Should we go inside?" Katie asked impatiently. Romance wasn't her territory, dispute the fact that she's been in a relationship longer than anyone else has. Soulmates, what're you gonna do with them? The group made their way to the gym. When Keith stepped foot into that gym, his face lit up. So many shades of blue and silver everywhere. There were stars, planets, and lots of people. He would've felt more confident if he wasn't wearing a dress right now. "So, you wanna dance?" Lance asked. Keith was so in awe he didn't realize everyone went off on their own to have fun. He nodded solemnly and took Lance's hand. He dragged him on the dance floor and the two just goofed off dancing and talking the whole night.

It felt like they were floating in space, up in their own world. Keith felt like he was on cloud 9, it was refreshing. "I'm having the best time tonight..." he said as they danced in each other's arms. Lance kept admiring his face, Keith could feel a blush rise to his cheeks. He would never get used to someone look at him like that simply just by saying he was enjoying himself. Romance was never his main focus, hell Lance was the last person he'd expect to have as a soulmate. At first he thought that just because they were destined it didn't mean they had to get along. But now, he couldn't imagine life without him. "I have a surprise for you.." Lance said nervously and mischievously. Keith looked at him confused.

He turned his attention to the stage where their principal stood with a mic in her hands. "Alright everyone, it's time for our final song. So get your partner and take them to the dance floor as we listen to a lovely performance. Please welcome to the stage, Lance McClain!" She said joyously. Applause erupted from all sides of the gym, he heard cheering and saw his friends by the stage making a lot of noise. His mouth was dropped open, he had to remember to close it before something weird happened. Lance took the microphone from the principal graciously. "I would just like to say that, this is for you Keith..." he said with a smile plastered on his face. He reached the mic out and Pidge took it before running off the stage.

The curtains opened and beautiful blue backdrop could be seen illuminating the stage. A white grand piano with gold trim all around sat in the center of the stage. He made his way over to it and sat down at it. Keith could feel his body take him closer and closer to the stage until he was right in front of it.

"Fly me to the moon, Let me ply among the stars...Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars. In other words~, hold my hand~ In other words, darling kiss me..Fill my heart with song and let me sing forever more~ You are all I long for, all I worship, and adore...In other words...please be true~ In other words.....I love you~" He sang with bliss.

He looked at Keith when he sang I love you. Keith could feel his cheeks burning, and tears starting to form. He wasn't one for big gestures, but damn that's one way to do it.

It was almost like a Cinderella movie. Everything transformed into a ballroom like experience, people twirling and rotating as they danced. He so badly wanted to dance with his Prince Charming, his blue knight but he was the one setting the stage. He just stood there in disbelief as he hummed along with the piano.

"...Fill my heart with song, and let me sing forevermore~...you are all I long for all I worship and adore! In other words...please be true~! In other words...I love you~" he continued singing. He got up and bent down from the stage face to face with Keith.

"In other words I love you~..." he finished singing. The whole room applauded him as he turned off the mic and jumped down off the stage."So kitten, what do you say? Do you love me back?" He asked with open arms. Keith stood for a moment, wiping his tears before tackling Lance to the ground. "Of course I do you big doof!" He said through sobbing. Lance laughed a little at Keith's reaction. He started placing small kisses on Keith's nose to calm him down slightly. Keith, who was now sitting in his lap, pulled him into a hug.

"I love you..." he whispered.
"I love you more.." Lance whispered in his ear.

-
I'm not crying, my eyes are just watering! There will be an epilogue but this is the last full chapter! Hope you enjoyed! I'll see you for the final page!