Chapter 17 {Promposal}

Pretend the sign says Prom and not homecoming ^^
Quick recap of ch.16
~~~~
"Adam...this is a promise ring. I promise to always love you and no one else. I promise to stick by your side no matter what. Do you promise to do the same for me?" Adam was speechless. He nodded his head and hugged Shiro tightly.
~~~

"Ugh! Oh my god I hate school!!!" Keith complained as he, Hunk, and Pidge all walked towards the cafeteria together. He would've loved to walk with Lance but he was planning something he didn't want Keith to know.

"This is what you deserve for missing almost a week of school." Pidge responded. She had he face stuffed in a book only looking up when the three of them needed to turn a corner.

"So how are you and Shay?" She asked as she put her book in her backpack. They approached the cafeteria and found their normal table empty.

"Well, what do you want to know?" Hunk asked as the group sat down waiting for Matt and Shiro. It had been a while since it was just the original groups of friends and it was good for them to have some time away from their significant others.

"Like, have you had your first date yet?" Pidge asked. She pulled out her laptop so she could start her homework early. Keith and Hunk both pulled out their lunches from their backpacks.

"Yeah actually we went to this gardening center and they let us pick our own strawberries along with visiting different biome set ups, they were fake of course." Hunk said before taking a bite out of a strawberry. One the other two assumed came from the romantic outing.

"Wow, you really like her huh?" Keith asked as he took a sip from his water bottle. Hunk's cheeks became a slight pink color as he nodded his head tentatively.

"You know, Prom is tomorrow you exited?" Pidge asked closing her computer so she could eat lunch. Keith made a whining sound.

"Yeah which means I have to wear that stupid dress...hey that means I have to shave everything right?" He asked. Pidge nodded her head, restraining herself from laughing. Keith death stared her for a few seconds before giving up and putting his head on the table so his nose was being pushed.

"This is so unfair" He complained. He sighed really loudly and then repeatedly, lightly, banged his head against the table before giving up in defeat.

"You agreed to it bud" Pidge said as she patted his back. He sat back up and rested his head in his crossed arms that rested on the table.

"Hey, what's he complaining about?" Matt asked as he and Shiro sat down to join the rest of the group. Keith glared at him before giving up again and putting his head face first on the table.

"He's whining about wearing a dress" Pidge said. Her glasses gleamed in the evil way that scared the crap out of all of them on a normal day. Matt laughed but then remembered he had to wear a dress too. Part of the bet.

"You know what I agree with pouty face.." Matt said before planting his head face first on the table. He repositioned his head so that his chin was resting on the table before forgetting about it and eating his lunch instead.

While those five were eating lunch, the others were helping Lance with his big surprise. Shiro and Matt were helping but then figured he would be suspicious if those two were gone along with the rest of them.

In short they were helping to sat up prom so they could make sure it was perfectly fitting with the song. Thank god Shay was on student council. The theme of prom was "Space" which may or may not have been a rigged vote. All in the name of love. was what Shay said when she agreed to rig it.

Prom was being set up in the gym and the five of them were determined to make it perfect. Not only for Lance and Keith's benefit but also their own. They were all gonna be seniors the next year and they wanted their last night as juniors to be perfect before their exams.

The set up was gorgeous. There were silver and metallic blue moon and star balloons with white swirls covering them. There were black backdrops with stars covering them. The ceiling was covered in painted galaxies. They nebulas of them were light blue and silver to match. The lights were posing as moon and star light, and the stage was decorated with light blue and silver balloons. Each table was named after a constellation and they were covered in black table cloths with white stars all over them. But the best part was the photo area.

A purple and blue backdrop with a large pile of diamond moon rocks resting in front. There was even an escape pod replica on the left side. Fake planets dangled from the ceiling making the photo backdrop complete.

Lance's favorite part was the blue piano on the stage, where he was going to play and sing the final song of their prom night. He felt nervous and giddy just thinking about it. His nervousness was interrupted by the school bell. He couldn't believe they spent the whole lunch period on this. Well of course it had been started the previous lunch period ,but they still managed to accomplish so much.

The next step in Lance's big prom plan, was his promposal. He wanted it to be space themed since it would match the actual event theme. He decided to base his sign off of a poem about the stars. Not the one he wrote though, that one was to personal. Then he had an idea.

That night

"Lance why are we in my backyard?" Keith said blindfolded. Lance was directing him to a small area in the grass set up with a telescope and lanterns, along with his sign.

"You'll see.." he said mischievously. He stopped Keith right in front of his set up and made his way over to it. He stood under the lights so the sign was readable. He held it up so Keith could see it.

"You can take your blindfold off..." Lance said. Keith struggled for a few seconds to untie the bandanna wrapped around his eyes but he finally undid it. He looked shocked at first and then looked at Lance.

"Keith Kogane? Will you be my prom date?" Lance asked as he put the sign down. Keith covered his mouth and gasped in his hands. He began to tear up a little at how sweet the gesture is before realizing he had to give an answer.

Instead of responding he ran over to his Cuban boyfriend and hugged him. He kissed him with all the joy welling up inside him. When the two boys broke away from each other, Keith rested his head in the crook of Lance's neck.

"Of course you idiot.." Keith said at last.