Chapter 4 {Love Is In the Air}

HAPPY 2020!
Quick recap of Ch.3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Snap out of it!" He thought to himself.

He started his way home.

Tomorrow would be a long day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Keith's POV~

He woke up at 6:23 in the morning. He threw on a pair of ripped black skinny jeans, a white tank top, a red flannel tied around his waist, red converse, a gray beanie, and of course his black fingerless gloves. He decided to wear the beanie because it made him think of Lance. He wouldn't admit it to anyone but himself but he was starting to like Lance. AS A FRIEND OF COURSE- god dammit! Maybe he liked him more than a friend but he didn't think Lance thought the same.

He smacked the thoughts out of his head and walked downstairs. His mom was making breakfast and his dad was in the living room playing with Keith's little sister Nova. (Nova is a made up character I made. She is not from Voltron) His sister is 6 years old. She's in first grade and Keith drives her to school.

"Hey mom" he greeted his mom as he sat down at the table for breakfast.

"Good morning Little Red" she said. The nick name only made him think of Lance again. Why was he stuck in his head. His mother handed him a piece of toast and told him to eat up as she handed Nova her cereal. Nova walked into the kitchen and sat next to Keith.

"Keef are chu driving me to school today?" She said in the most adorable voice you can think of.

"Yes Nova I am"

"Otay yay!"

Keith let out a little laugh at his sisters excitement.

~Time Skip brought to you by my lazy ass~

Keith dropped her off at school and then drove to his own school. He walked up the steps and sat down on the step he always sat on. He saw Lance walking up to him.

"You've got to be kidding me" the tall boy said.
He was wearing the exact same thing as Keith minus the gloves and the red parts were blue.

"Holy crap. How'd this happen" Keith responded.

"May I sit?"

"Mm fine but only til my friends show up." Keith replied moving his backpack so Lance could sit next to him.

"So...um...how are you? You know after what happened last night...." Lance said breaking the silence.

"I'm fine..... a little shaken up but I'm ok..."

"What did he do to you anyway?"

"He pinned me against the walls and he was about to um...kiss me...." Keith said and looked at the floor in front of him.

"I'll protect you...from him."

"Why would you help me of all people?" Keith asked in disbelief.

"Look I absolutely despise Lotor so don't think I'm doing this for you. I'm mostly doing it for myself. But I'm not a jerk like him so I'll be nice to you."

"Well thanks anyways" he said with a laugh

"So tell me about yourself Violet Eyes." He said with a smirk.

"Oh um well I have a little sister named Nova my parents love space so that's why that's her name is Nova. I like to draw I guess umm...what are you doing?" He was leaning very close to Keith.

"Listening~"

"Umm tell me about you bad boy..." Keith said. Ok, he had a crush on Lance it was official.