"And who might you be?"

"Just a friend."

"Seems I have more friends here than I thought."

"I do believe that you do, young Williams."

Bill took a step back up the hill.

"They call me Bill."

He offered his hand to the Spirit. He wasn't;t sure why, other than it was a natural reaction when meeting someone new.

"And who might you be."

The man took Bill's hand, smiling.

"Like I said, young William, I am a friend."

Bill felt a sudden surge going through him.

"What the fuck?"

Bill looked around.

"What the fuck is this?"

"This, young Williams, is the Emily Rose."

Emily Rose

Emily Rose

Bill looked around. He was on a sailing ship of some sort and from the rise and fall of the deck, below his feet, it was obviously on the ocean.

The darkness around then gradually turned to light and Bill could see, that indeed, they were on the open sea. All around him, sailors, dressed in raggedy clothes were hustling around doing their assigned duties.

They seemed oblivious to the two new visitors.

"They can't see us?"

"That would be a fair assumption, young Bill."

"But where are we? What the fuck is going on?"

Bill was scared and excited, at the same time.

"As I said, we are on the Cartwell Merchant Company's ship, the Emily Rose, bound for the port of Boston."

Bill walked to the railing of the ship and looked across the water, at the rugged coastline.

He was about to comment on the coastline, when another voice spoke for him.

"Why have we deviated from our course? This is not the port of Boston."