Chapter - Forty-three.

Anita.

I gulped down my fifth shot of vodka, at the Midnight Club. I checked out guys and girls who were mostly in search of a corner, to complete their make out session and others were dancing like crazy. Assholes. Everyone in this planet is an asshole. Maybe I too am.

I was preoccupied by the hot bartender of the club. He kept on talking about stuff that I honestly don't remember. But I kinda liked it. His company wasn't even that bad. He tried his best to hit me up, but failed because he wasn't too goad at flirting. Not everyone is Darshan, what else can be expected?

Speaking of Darshan, a tall, handsome and hot guy took a seat next to me at the bar counter. He ordered two shots and offered me one. Not that I was someone who was running out of money or something like that, but I still accepted it.

Nodding my head, I took the glass of the shot, and gulped it down. The guy passed me a smile. "Hey, prettiness", he told me. I almost laughed out loud, when I heard him say 'Prettiness'. I mean, he could have chosen something less cliché, but not even for fuck's sake, he didn't. "Hey," I greeted.

"What's your name?", he asked. "Anita Pundit", I said, extending my hand. He shook hands with me. "What about you?", I asked him. "I'm Chris Pratt", he said. I snorted. "Yeah, and I am Pepper Potts, Iron Man's wife, you know?", I joked. He laughed.

"So... you're married?", he asked. I choked on my lemon. "Fuck, do I look married?", I asked. "No-ho-ho! I just asked", he awkwardly laughed. "'Kay, um are you really married?", he asked, again. "No!", I said, "What made you think like that?". "You mentioned Potts, I thought because she is married to Tony, so you might be married to the superhero of your life, too", he said. "Hah! No. Unfortunately, my 'superhero' hasn't arrived, yet", I said.

"Chuck it!", I said, "What's ya real name?". "Krishna Patel", he said. "How is it Chris Pratt, then? You became Star Lord, or something?", I asked, jokingly. "No actually, I'm a lawyer and I live in Spain, so to be cool, I changed my name to Chris Pratt, ten years ago", he said. This dude has been living in Spain for a whole decade, not bad.

"You single?", he asked. "Why do you have so much of interest in me, Chris?", I licked the lemon. "I think I like you," he shrugged. Okay, truth to be told - I have heard this years later. That someone "likes me". "I'm single", I told him. "Me too," he said.

"So you live in Canada, how come you here?", I asked. "Spain", he corrected me. "Oops, apologies", I giggled. "Well, it's my elder brother's wedding so I had to come, because my mother won't let this wedding take place without me and Prithvi is dying to get married to that girl so I had to come", he said. I nodded.

"You're Gujarati, huh?", I asked. He nodded. "I seem to have a special interest in Gujjus", I said. "Ex?", he asked. "Pretty much the same, we were never a thing, actually...", I trailed off. "Why not?", he asked. Again.

"Why do you have so much of interest in me?", I asked, again. "I told you, I like you," he shrugged. I looked at the hot bartender, threw money at him, and left. Chris followed me.

"Look man, I understand you might have seen something in me, that made you like me. But stop following me, it's creepy!", I said. "Are you going back home?", he asked, completely ignoring my question.

"Where do you live?", I asked him. He told me his address and I realized it was two streets down my house. "Do you mind if I drop you off?", he asked. "Not reall", I told. He grinned and guided me to his car in the parking area. As we sat in the car, he started driving.

"So, Anita... what do you do?", he asked me. Time for revelation. "I'm a jobless business student, who is raped and almost disowned by my parents," I said, looking straight. He suddenly pulled the brakes. "You what?!", he spoke, "I'm so sorry, but I can't believe it".

"It's okay, not many people believe me, by looking at my lifestyle", I said. "Uhm, sorry don't me mind but, how?", he asked, curiously. "Two years ago, my cousin. He abducted me when I was coming out of a restaurant with my friends and then he... assaulted me. When he was done, he left me to die on road. And gratefully or ungratefully, a woman saved me", I narrated. Aah, nostalgia.

"I am so sorry, I truly am", he said. "Oh, please don't be. My parents already hated me, before that incident and after that, the hatred increased", I grinned. He hung his head low.

"You tell me, why did you change your name to Chris Pratt, that's clearly not a cool name. And neither is Chris Pratt (the guy who portrays Peter Quill/ Star Lord in Avengers/ GotG), is good-looking", I commented. "Not to you, but to me, he's super cool", he said.

We went from talking a lot about movies to confessing some secrets about each other and all that. Most of the time, I found him looking at me. It made me a bit embarrassed. "Stop staring at me, it's creepy!", I said. "Everything I do - sounds creepy to you", he frowned. Awh, he was cute!

"That's because everything you do - is actually very creepy.", I said. "You know...", he said, "You're really very cute". He smiled as he commented on me. I bit my lower lip hard, shyly. "You're a creep", I laughed. "That's a rather unusual way to say 'thank you' to someone, but okay", he said, corner of his lips twitched.

"Hey, can I- have your phone number, please?", I asked, the same way a five year old would ask for a candy. He smirked. "Ahaa, I see what you are doing in there", he said, pulling out his phone out of his pocket. "Tell me your number", he said.

He used one hand to type my number. "Hey, I have an idea," I said. "What?", he said, looking up from his phone. "Come out, let me drive", I said. "Are you serious? We are almost here and you are drunk, I can't let you...", he told me. "Oh, shut up!", I said, hopping out of the car. "Anita, no", he said.

"Anita, yes", I dragged him by his elbow. And sat comfortably on driver's seat. I happily moved my hands on the steering wheel and he busily typed phone numbers on our phones.

I had my gaze fixed on the road. But my vision somehow was blurry. I saw a big tree. I ran into it and the running into the tree made Krishna's body lean in and he bumped his head slightly, on the AC of the car. "Oops," I bit my lower lip. "Anita... ow", he said, "What did you do?".

"I fucked up!", I said.

Author's note:
I know you are really very busy, but take out a moment, close your eyes and pray for Sushant Singh Rajput's soul. May his pure soul rests in peace! ♥