Chapter - Twenty-nine.

Nishita.

I pulled the blanket away as my eyes fluttered open. “What time is it?”, I asked Darshan, who was studying me and told me it was 18: 00 p.m.. I scratched my head. “We have to go to your parents’s house, remember?”, he reminded.

“Of course I do, why do you think I got up this quick?”, ignoring my question, he hummed. I pulled out a nice golden saree with an off shoulder blouse from my suitcase. Damn, I had to arrange my clothes in the closet. I would do that later. Along with my clothes, I pulled out my make-up and head to the bathroom.

Washed my face, did my make-up, wore my heels and almost nailed everything to perfection. Untill, the saree thing happened. I was always a huge fan of sarees. But, I was one of those who loved but couldn’t wear a saree. I remember, the last time I wore a saree was a whole year ago and my saree almost opened as I tripped over my own dad’s legs. Tragic, I know right?

I tried to drape the saree as they showed in the video that I was watching on YouTube. But, it wasn’t helping. It wasn’t helpful at all. Instead, the saree looked like an imperfect mess. And by mess, I mean a terrible mess.

I quit fighting with myself. Or we can say, trying to wear the saree and decided I needed help. I unlocked the door of the bathroom and peeped my head out. “Darshan, you there?”, I asked, looking around. My eyes searching for him. And he revealed himself in front of me.

He wore a white shirt which was half unbuttoned with black pants. “Weren’t you going to wear that three piece suite?”, I asked. “Yeah but I changed my mind as it wasn’t looking good enough, in it. Is this better now?”, he asked back. I nodded in agreement. “I uh need some help”, I said, biting my lower lip. “With?”, he rose his brow.

I pushed the door and revealed how badly I was wrapped in the saree. He suddenly burst out laughing. So loud that it annoyed me to death! I had turned tomato red by now. And once Darshan came in front of me to have a better look. I began hitting him. He still didn’t stop laughing.

“Okay, okay, woman stop! Ow, you’re hitting me!”, he winced. I gave him one last smack in his arm and stopped. He caressed that spot. “You want help with this mess you’ve created?”, he bit his lower lip. Man, he’s sexy! He is what? Oh my god, I can’t believe I thought that. Shit. God forgive me.

I nodded and he came in. He took my phone and watched the video with determination. “I’ll do what I can, and then I’ll call mom”, he said. I nodded again. Mind you, I was now standing in front of my husband whom I got married to yesterday and I was wearing nothing but an off shoulder blouse and a petticoat.

He tucked the end of the saree on my waist. The tips of his fingers touched my bare skin. And I felt sensations. Shit! He deliberately kept on touching my skin, causing me to shiver. At one point, his hand rested on my waist and he had his chin on my shoulder. His beard might have hurt me but the kind of pleasure the closeness was giving me, was nothing in front of it.

His hands moved on both sides of my waist and my hand reached up to his neck. I was going weak in the knees. He released hot breaths on my neck and I was going insane. I could tell he was smiling. I desperately prayed for him to leave me but my body didn’t respond the way I wanted it to. Was I turned on by his actions?

“Should I call mom?”, he suddenly asked, leaving me. “Uh, yeah”, I fumbled. With him shaking his head he shut the door. I turned to look at myself in the mirror and slapped my forehead as I blushed. Moments later, Mom came and she helped me wearing the saree.

I thanked her for making me wear the saree perfectly and she left. I gave a final touch to myself and came out of the bathroom. Darshan’s eyes scanned my from my head to toe. “Well?”, I asked, “How do I look?”. “Damn woman, why so hot?”, he laughed. And I gave him my signature blush. “You look pretty”, he commented. “Thank you”, I muttered. “And hot too”, he said and I turned two shades redder.

“Come, everyone’s ready. We need to leave”, he said, extending his hand to me. I held it and walked with him.

*

As we reached at my house, I felt a bit awkward. I mean just till yesterday, this was my only home. And now, as I sat on my bed, the very same bed I’ve slept for years, it feels somewhat… strange and different. Not weird but different. The fragrance of my room reminded me that it was untouched.

My things were just like how I left them. In place. The only thing that was missing was — me. My clothes, make-up, books, files, photo frames and almost everything but those furnitures in my room. I simply sighed.

Maa seemed a bit annoyed by Darshan’s mom when she told her that they want me to pursue my career and try for FCPS. Although my mother told them that now I was their responsibility and they can want me to do anything.

Everyone was happy, talking while having dinner. Everyone from both my families were present. Dii, Jiju, Bhabi, Mom-dad, Darshan, me, Ma and papa everyone.

We all had finished eating and apparently, Dad and Mom were even planning to leave until my father received a phone call. A call that changed mine and my family’s life.

When papa answered the call, he had only said ‘hello’, and the caller probably asked him who he was and he replied with a ‘yes’. And suddenly, then phone fell off his hand and tears started to trickle down his eyes. Everyone rushed towards him as he fell on a nearest chair and Jiju picked up dad’s phone.

The caller told something to him as well and he too was shocked. He calmly said ‘okay’ and then hung up. Everyone started questioning Papa and Jiju what was wrong. Papa was crying and Jiju didn’t utter a single word.

Thousands of thoughts were bubbling up in my mind. I was thinking about what could possibly go wrong. Maybe he had lost a deal in business? No, he wouldn’t react like this if that happened. What had happened? Why either of my father and brother-in-law weren’t saying a word?

And then finally my dad spoke up. Silencing everyone’s questions. He said something that left everyone shocked.

Cliffhanger 😋! The romance between Nishi and Darshan were just some moments of peace before the storm was about to enter into their lives. What could have happened? Anyone knows?

Do vote and comment down your opinions about this chapter. Please show love as much as you can. Love you! ♥