Chapter - Sixteen.

[Nishita]

As I reached home, I found out that it was 22: 30 pm. I didn’t even realized how I spent three hours with Darshan.

“Where were you? With whom were you that it took you so late?”, Mom asked me. “I was with Darshan”, I said. My parents’ eyes widened as they heard his name. “I don’t believe you”, Papa said. “Ask him, if you want to”, saying this I went to my room and changed into comfortable clothes.

All of sudden, it hit me hard that I was hungry. It was 23: 13, the . Which meant dinner was being served. I went to the dinning table, pulled a chair, served myself my food and ate quietly. In between, my parents and Nitya Bhabhi talked about many things.

I only gave answers in either yes or no, to the questions that were asked to me. After dinner, when everyone went to their rooms, I made myself a warm cup of coffee. I went to my room with my mug, sandwiched in my palms.

I sipped my coffee and read a patient’s file. My phone beeped at 00: 34. And the screen flashed, ‘Darshan has sent you a message’. I tapped on the notification. He had sent me a picture. He saved my phone number as, ‘Virgin Brownie’, as he said.

‘I shouldn’t have told you about me being a virgin’, I typed and sent. ‘You didn’t. It’s called slip of tongue’, he replied. ‘Gotta sleep, please just let me. Bye’, was my reply. ‘’Night. I hope, you don’t end up dreaming about me takin’ your v-card’, he instantly replied. ‘FOR THE LAST TIME, DARSHAN!’, I typed in capital letters.

‘Kay, sorry. Bye, goodnight!’, he replied. I decided not to text him back sleep.