Chapter - Thirty-four.

Darshan.

I tried calling and texting Nishi several times but no response. She was online, said WhatsApp, but she was on a call with someone else, I guessed for WhatsApp continuously showed, ‘Nishi is busy’. I was being anxious, they were getting on my nerves.

After nearly forty-five minutes of trying to reach out to my wife, I finally gave up and tried to concentrate on the movie going on, while Anita tried her best to snuggle with me. I kept moving her hands from my arms. She would try to brush her shoulder with mine but, I would move so that they would not touch.

“Have you talked to Nishita, yet?”, she asked. “Uhm, no”, I lied, “why?”. “Just asking, I thought you were talking to her, then”, she replied. “No, it was Naushad bhai”, I lied, again and received an ‘oh’ from her. Moments later, I unlocked my iPhone and saw the two ticks had turned blue.

Which meant, she had seen my text and was online just a minute ago. “I think, I should go to sleep”, I told Anita. “But the movie, I—”, “You can finish it alone, I’m anyways not interested in it”, I cruelly told her. I turned my back and started to walk when I got up from the sofa.

“Darsh, wait!”, she called out. I looked at her, “Yes?”. “What’s wrong with you?”, she asked. “Me? Oh no, I just look a little pale and ill too because of the flights I took, but i’m fine, trust me”, I casually, shrugged. “No, I mean, what’s wrong with us? You and me, you were fine with me, right? What’s wrong now?”, she asked.

“Wrong question. There’s no ‘us’ to start with, there was never ‘us’. We are two opposite individual. You used your friend to get me married to her, I agreed. Now you are saying what about us? Come on, I’m a married man. I have a wife to be with”, I said. “Yeah, the same wife to whom you lied”, she spat.

“Correction: I half lied to my wife. I told her there was a concert in Mahabaleshwar, I took my flight in the morning and performed there and when I was done with performing, I received a call from my ex-girlfriend who hadn’t texted me for two months straight and suddenly said she was really very ill. I became worried because there was a time I cared for her, so I took the emergency flight to Mumbai, came back and saw everything was perfect. My ex-girlfriend just wanted to see me and watch a fucking movie with me and sleep with me. I only told her about performing in Mahabaleshwar, I never told her where and with whom I was, so technically it’s not even a lie, at all!”, I spat back.

“So she was the one on call?”, she asked. “Yes”, I said the truth, “Yes, she was”. “Why did you marry her?”, she asked, “Now don’t tell me that you married her because I said so”. “You know, I was about to, but now I just won’t. I had some reasons, that aren’t your business. So you don’t get to know that”, I told her.

“You both don’t seem to be in a physical relationship, is that why you came running to me?”, she smirked, my jaw clenched at her question. “Shut up”, I told her. “Tell me”, she took steps closer to me, “Did I satisfy you, your needs when you came here, earlier this afternoon? So you came to me because she doesn’t let you touch her? Oh, how interesting! Didn’t expect you to keep your hands off her”, she said.

“Anita, shut up”, I ordered. “What were you saying, you should go to sleep? Where? In my bedroom? With me? After having sex with me? Really, Darshan? Or were you going to text her and ask her if she was lonely, while I slept right next to you?”, her smirk grew wider.

“Tell me one thing, this is the last question, I promise, do you even like her? Or will you act according to our plan? I mean, our plan was to get you both divorced after half a year after your marriage, wasn’t it?”, she asked. “It was your plan”, I said. “Yes, of course. And you fools agreed to it”, she told me.

“Let me be clear to you—”, I was about to say when she stopped me, “No! No, let me be clear to you. I want you. I want you to be mine. Stay with me, forever, I don’t care about the world, media, people not even your not-so-loved wife! I only care about myself and my happiness. Which — to be precise — consists in you”.

“You don’t care about me”, I told her. “I care about you because I love you! Have you never seen those articles about you and me?”, she said. “Those were some rumours of you and I being together which—”, she cut me off once more, “Which were true. Don’t you dare deny that you were never interested in me”.

“Unfortunately, I was”, I told her, “But I’m not. I better be off, to my house, I have my wife waiting for me”. I turned around, put my jacket on, grabbed my suitcase and was about to leave her apartment. “Well, you’re always welcome at my place, you know?”, she said.

“Yeah, I’m well aware. Thanks and fuck off. Don’t call me that ‘Darsh’, it doesn’t suit you, bye!”, I said, slamming the door of her apartment close on her face. I headed out of the building when I bumped into Amit. Amit was a huge fan of mine. We met on a gig. “Darshan sir, we meet again! I didn’t know you lived here?”, he asked.

“Oh no, just came here for some reasons.”, I told him. “Do you mind if I take a selfie with you?”, he asked. “Oh not at all, Amit. But you have to do something for me, then”, I told him. “Um, what would it be?”, he said. “Oh nothing, I was wondering if you could just ride me back home, I don’t have my car with me”, I said.

“If that’s so, come i’ll give you a ride in my car”, he said. “Selfie?”, I asked. “Sure!”, he squeaked. I took a picture with him, got into his car, directed him to my place, reached there, shook hands with him and bid him farewell as we parted ways.

I took the lift, unlocked my iPhone, looked at the time and saw it was 01: 31 am. I reached the ninth flood and the door of the lift opened. I hopped out of the lift and rang the bell of my apartment. I rang the bell twice more, because perhaps Nishi had fallen asleep.

She didn’t answer. I rang the bell three times more and heard the door knob twist. Ooh, this is going to be so much fun! The door opened, revealing Nishi who wore a black loose tee shirt and grey basketball shorts. And damn, she looked smoking hot! She scratched her head, and then said, “This is so cute. I’m so much into you that at one in the morning, I’m expecting you to show up”.

She pulled my cheeks, guiding me in. “Imaginary Darsh, go away, please! Before I fall unconscious, get out”, she said as she welcomed me in. Was she drunk? No way, man! “Whoah, get a hold on yourself, Nishi—!”, I said, as I held her close when she was about to fall.

“Ss—sorry”, she mumbled and then she suddenly stopped moving. “Nishi—Nishiii! Oh my god!”, I swore. Holy fucking hell, she had passed out! That drunk bitch! Oh god, nO!

Author’s very important note:
Upcoming two chapters may be a little too short, please don’t mind😅 show love on this one 😅♥