Chapter - Eight.

[Nishita]

"Enough of everything now, Nishita", I heard my mother say. "Meaning?", I asked. "We have given you enough time to make a decision about getting married," she replied. "But I couldn't. You know how much busy I became after Mishti's naming ceremony with my patients, Maa!", I said.

"That is up to you. We have given you both time and space and now, you have to listen to us. It's not our fault that you failed to make a proper decision. It's all your fault. Just YOURS", Maa pointed out. "How could you say that?", I asked, my voice hung low as ever before.

"Just like the way you wasted your time, doing absolutely nothing", she bit back. "Maa," I whispered in disbelief what I had just heard from my mother. Tears trickled down my cheeks. "So, as decided...", she started, "We are going to fix your marriage like we did to brother Nishant and sister Nishtha".

"Actually, we have fixed your marriage, already", in came my father's voice. Here we go again. "To Rajendra Sahab's son. Arrey, you know him. What was his name, oh no, I forgot my to-be son-in-law's name", papa mocked. "Harshal? No, no. His name was not Harshal. He, in fact has a unique and typical Gujarati name", my parents thought. But, I knew the exact name.

"Darshan. Darshan Raval. He is the singing sensation of the nation. The heartthrob", said Nitya bhabhi. Nitya Patel - my brother's who happens to be an army officer's wife. Bhabhi beamed at me. I still was crying. I ran to my room and shut the door behind. Tears didn't stop streaming down, instead I cried more. I couldn't stop myself from crying my eyes out.

I needed to talk to Ani about all this about me, my parents, their decision. I needed to tell Ani everything in details. Because, she loves him. And I needed to tell her about his family and him.

Darshan.