Chapter - Fifty-one.

[ This chapter won’t be from anyone’s point of view. ]

Nishita pushed the door and entered in a room in the police station. She felt weird. Her breath hitched as Darshan held her hand. She looked at him. His eyes met hers. Darshan’s piercing brown eyes dove into hers, searching. In search of assurance. “I’ll ask you once again,” He said. “Are you sure about this?”. “I am,” She replied ever so boldly, trying to be the rebel she never was.

Nishita broke their eye contact but Darshan didn’t let go of her hand. She looked at him, her eyes glittered in tears. Darshan slowly loosened his grip around her hand and Nishita pulled her hand in a jerk. Caressed her hand and walked away. “I made a promise of never letting go of this hand to your mom, guess I failed.”, he murmured softly to himself as he saw Nishita walking inside.

Nishita stormed into a room an asked an officer where could the officer who wrote FIRs be found. Nishita ran to the directed room and Darshan followed her thanking the man who directed her and apologizing to literally everyone present who saw Nishita walk by in rush. “Stop!”, said— yelled, a lady officer yelled at Nishita. “Where are you going?”. “I want to file a complaint against someone.”, Nishita plainly said. “And you?”, she rose her brow at Darshan, “Is he the one you want to register complaint?”.

WHAT?!”, exclaimed both Nishita and Darshan, together. “NO!”, they said in unison. The officer mumbled something under her breath and then Nishita said, “He’s my husband, he’s with me”. The lady nodded and told them to go with her. Exchanging looks at each other, Nishita and Darshan followed her.

The officer took them to her senior’s cabin room and told them to sit. Nishita and Darshan sat opposite to the senior officer — Pramod Vij. “Hello, sir”, Darshan greeted. Officer Pramod feebly smiled and asked, “Are you two married?”. Nishita nodded with a weak smile. “Why are they here, Nirmala Ji?”, he asked. “Sir, they are to file a complaint”, officer answered. “Oh”, he exclaimed, “Charges?”.

He clicked the pen and opened writing on some paper. “Murder”, replied Nishita, boldly. “Attempt to murder?”, he asked. “Not attempt, she committed the murder herself. ”, Nishita shut her eyes. “She?”, Pramod questioned. “Anita Pandit”, Darshan named her. “Do you know her?”, Officer Nirmala asked. “My mother’s best friend’s daughter, once our neighbors, my former best friend and—”, Nishita looked down.

“And?”, Pramod sir asked. “And my ex girlfriend”, Darshan said. “Do you— are you sure she committed a murder or she attempted to commit a murder?”, Nishita’s eyes jolt up after hearing Pramod’s question. “Not only one, she committed two murders!”, she said. “She— she killed both of my parents. My mom, my dad—”.

“Your evidence?”, demanded the police officer. “My parents’ death certificate,” Nishita said. The officer smiled meekly. “Where is the evidence that says that miss Pandit kill your parents?”. Nishita’s heart skipped a beat. There wasn’t any… oh no, there was! Her statement…! “There is, there is—!”, she squeaked. Darshan’s eyebrows rose. “Do we?”, he whispered. “Yes! Her statement! She accepted that she committed their murder. In front of my elder sister, sir.”.

“That…”, trailed off Pramod sir, “just that isn’t enough, beta”. Nishita’s face fell. “Then?”, Darshan asked. “She uh, needs to confess it in front of the police officers.”, answered the police-man. "Where exactly did she confess her crimes?”, he asked. “The morgue of the hospital where I work as a doctor.”, Nishita answered. Pramod Ji loooked at Nirmala Ji and they both looked at Darshan and Nishita.

“Let’s go”, they stood up. Darshan, Pramod and Nirmala left the officer’s room but Nishita was left behind. “Where are you guys going?”, she asked. “To the hospital, to get the CCTV footage of her confession and then arrest her,” answered inspector Pramod. Nishita smiled in pain.

*

As they reached the Hospital, they threatened the guy who was in-charge of the CCTV cameras and their footages that if he didn’t get them the footages, they’d have to arrest him. Fortunately, the in-charge found the footage and gave it to them . Nodding to Nishita and Darshan, the officers asked for Anita’s address.

When Nishita and Darshan told them, they left for her house, in order to arrest her. ‘Finally, justice was on it’s way’ — Nishita thought.