21. Mission of the Twelfth

"So ... you want to interrogate the daughter of Archduke Isabelle?" Madam Felicia asks me once again, "you see, I can deploy my own intelligence agents for this matter."

"I know her personally. I'll handle this."

John, Aelita, and I are meeting Madam Felicia, to consult about Remi buying Madu. Doctor Nawal is there too; he doesn't have his own headquarters (poor guy), so he is staying with us. He is leading an effort to reverse engineer the new Madu potion.

Madam Felicia takes a letter from her pocket. "Alright. It's no big deal."

It's a big deal, to be honest. The nobles are always heavily guarded and they don't accept house visits.

"Remilia Felix Isabelle. Reason for interrogation: suspicion of buying illegal drugs," Madam Felicia mutters as she scribbles a few words on the paper.

"Madam," I ask, "is it true that my grandma wields the Yellow Gem?"

"Hm? No, no," Madam Felicia says, "The Empire guessed incorrectly."

"I see," I, unconvinced, reply.

"Don't worry about it. Your grandma is no ordinary mage," Madam Felicia says as she signs the letter.

"Thanks. I appreciate it," I say as I take the letter.

"You guys prepare yourself. After I gain the information, we'll go straight away," I say to John and Aelita, who nod immediately. Both of them received a blow to the head; I think they ought to rest a bit.

The Isabelle family has a massive mansion in the capital, Batavia. Luckily, Batavia is not that far from my HQ.

Sure enough, the mansion is guarded by several soldiers wielding semi automatic weapons. I merely flick off my white ribbon and they understand; I am an Imperial Guard (Or maybe my face is that recognisable).

They walk me through the garden; a multitude of exotic plants are planted there.

"Greetings," the butler says as he opens the door.

"I'm searching for Remilia Felix Isabelle. This is my permission slip," I say as I hand him the letter.

His eyes widen. "Of course, Miss Vonville. Please follow me," he says courteously.

"Thank you," I equal his politeness.

"Miss Isabelle is training in the training room," the bald butler says as he guides me through endless parts of the house, all lavishly decorated with silk, silver, gold, and gems.

"Ha!" Remi shouts, thrusting her blade as the butler opens the door.

Instinctively, I draw my own sword and parry hers.

"What are you doing here!? This is my house!" she barks.

I simply hand her the letter. Remi reads it quickly before grumbling, "Make it quick. What do you want?" The butler has left by now.

"Well, you see ...." I take out a small vial of Madu. We confiscated tons of it when we sacked Lady Caitlyn's HQ.

She immediately extends her hand, covering it. "Okay, okay! I'll cooperate, but not here!" she mutters. Her eyes scan the hallway for the butler before sighing.

She leads me to her bedroom. It has a queen sized bed, a huge wardrobe, and it is decorated even more lavishly than other rooms are.

"Don't you know that if anyone knows I'll be doomed?" she asks.

"Yes, I do," I answer lazily.

"You bought this drug from a bartender in unnamed islands, west of Elaise, right?" I ask.