14. Duel of Prodigies

"You see, I was the one who captured her," Alice whispers, "I can take you to the auction if you want."

"But before that, I have to confirm you're not a spy from the Allies," she continues, "your hand, please."

I extend my hand cautiously. Alice touches the palm of my hand.

"Sorry," she whispers, "Lightning Zap!"

A huge voltage of lightning enters my palm immediately. Reflectively, I bellow, "Blood Shockwave!"

"Violleta Vonville!" she shrieks.

"Damn it!" I curse, "Blood Orb Bullet!"

A copious quantity of small blood orbs are fired towards Alice. "Iron Shield!"

The mighty iron wall blocks the bullets. "Please, just stop and come with me!" she screeches.

"Kindly shut up!" I hiss, "Blood Prison!" The massive quantity of blood envelops Alice.

Soon, the prison is blasted apart by ferocious lightning. "You're the most difficult opponent I've ever fought aside from Madam Fron, I'll give you that," I say as my escape route is blocked by a thick iron wall.

"It seems like our position is similar," she replies as she summons her rapier, "I'm sorry, but this is something I have to do."

From a distance I can hear sounds of duels; John and Aelita must have been attacked, too.

I gather what power I can. "You want to end this now?" Alice, stunned, asks.

"I have to help my friends," I reply curtly.

"So do I," she says back.

"Electric Iron Fist!" Alice finishes her ultimate spell faster, a gigantic iron fist, coated with electricity charges straight at me.

"Come forth, my minion, Black Chupacabra!" My necromancy has brought forth a giant black undead dog to life.

The clash is epic, obliterating the entire bar (and the few people who hasn't fled yet for some reason).

I'm barely standing on my feet. Both spells have matched each other equally, but the resulting explosion has caused me severe damage.

Alice doesn't stand stably, either. Her legs are trembling and her breath is short.

"You're still standing?" I ask.

"Hmph. Finally, one of my men is competent!" an eerie voice is heard from behind.

"L-Lady Caitlyn!?" Alice mutters.

"Logan and Lucas have stopped neither John nor Aelita. Lucky you're still here," Lady Caitlyn hisses even more eeriely.

Damn it! A demon Lord!?

"Blood-" I cannot finish my incantation. Lady Caitlyn's scythe hits me on the head. I pass out.

"Where am I?" I murmur as my eyes face an alien ceiling.

"In Lady Caitlyn's personal HQ," Alice mutters with a shiver. She is heavily bandaged.

"Damn it," I curse to myself.

Alice hands me her glass of water. "Drink. This might be your last chance to drink properly," she says sorrowfully, "I'm sorry."

I hesitate, but eventually drink the refreshing water.

"I think you must have known what is going to happen," Alice continues.

"What?" I ask.

"Assuming Lady Caitlyn has her way, you'll be transformed into a mindless, drug addicted Doll by a Dollmaker–probably Lucas or Logan, my lovely cousins," she answers.