2. A Day at Blazewing

"But that's impossible!" I murmur to myself as I drag my body across the corridor. "What is happening here? I-"

"That's her!" I hear several people shout. I am still halfway to the dorms, walking through the corridor.

Uh-oh. Trouble brewing.

Eight students come out of nowhere, all grinning. "U-uh, who are you?" I ask.

"That's not important," one of them, a black haired girl, answers. Her beautiful blue eyes stare at me, her thin lips forming a smirk. Small gusts of wind surround her slim figure.

"What do you want from me?" I desperately inquire. My blood magic provides me an ability to somewhat accurately scale someone's magical powers.

This girl is pretty strong. I might have to resort to that.

"Well, let's just say we got requests from someone to give you a little lesson on manners," the girl answers, a small knife on her hand. The others draw their own tools: small knives and wooden poles.

The sun feels cold. The large corridor suddenly becomes narrow. I have to escape. Escape, before things get difficult.

"Let me guess," I daringly say, "Remi hired you?"

"Bingo. She's a politician's daughter, you know? Really, it was stupid of you to put her in hospital," the girl shoots back.

"Hmph. It was stupid of her to challenge me blindly like that," I scoff, "and I suggest not blocking my way before I have to put you near Remi's bed."

The girl flinches a little, and so do her friends, but she replies boldly, "You and your uncontrollable powers might survive beating one student, but what about eight?"

I hotly fight back while trying to find an opportunity to escape. "So your strategy is based on me kicking your asses and me getting expelled?"

The girl grits her teeth. "Get her!"

Damn!

The girl moves with supernatural speed, knife on hand. Wind magic user, I say to myself.

She almost stabs me in the stomach, but I manage to jump backwards. I make another leap to escape, only to find my way blocked by two people with large bamboo sticks.

I leap forward, and backward again, desperately trying to not get hit. In spite of my enhanced speed and endurance (thanks, random demon!), I still suffer bruises here and there, and a cut on my arm.

"Looks like you're struggling," the girl comments.

"Agatha! Just blow her away with your whirlwind!" a boy shouts impatiently.

"That'll attract too much attention!" Agatha replies.

Why should I stay patient.....

At that moment, a powerful and terrifying aura appears behind. "You hooligans! How dare you attack your fellow student!" Madam Fron's furious voice is heard, putting terror on everyone's heart. Her short black hair waves, her hand raises.

And ice forms on my attackers' bodies, completely immobilizing them. Cold sweat rains down their foreheads. "Uft ...."

"So, which one of you geniuses want to explain this to me!?" Madam Fron furiously shout.

"You look like the brightest of these geniuses. Explain, Agatha!" Madam Fron's stormy voice rains down on the black haired girl.

Agatha trembles as she faces the aura of the three hundred year old witch. "So?" Madam Fron narrows her eyes.