12. Battle on Juggernaut

I leap forward, blade in hand. Its sharp edge cuts off a pirate's head with ease.

"D-did that chick just cut off Jack's head?" The pirates freeze in their places, their heads tilting toward each other.

"What are you doing? Fire!" the captain orders. The pirates break free from their paralysis, their firebolts propelling at me.

"Blood Shield!" I shriek.

Darryl counterattacks from behind, raining enemies with ice daggers.

"I never knew you can do ice magic, Darryl!" I bellow.

"Well, how long have you known me?" Darryl replies as he penetrates a mana shield with his ice daggers.

"Good point!" I reply as I summon a bone hand to throw a pirate to his aquatic grave.

John follows the rhyme, his glowing fingers shooting lasers at enemy cannons. Soon, the formidable fireball-spitting cannons are all but ash.

The old bearded captain is furious of his men's failure. He shouts, "Fight on! Fight on!"

"Send in the Pyroguards!" he orders. The Pyroguards are elite pirate troops, armed with red wands.

The eight Pyroguards launched an avalanche of fireballs. "Watch out!" I shout, especially to Aelita, who is engaging a pirate in a vicious melee.

"Stone Cabin: Defensive Technique!" Aelita waves her hand, creating layers of stone defenses, protecting herself and John.

"Blood Prison!" I say, enveloping Darryl and I with thick blood.

"Darryl, you okay?" I ask Darryl, who is unhurt, but exhausted and battered.

"Yeah," Darryl pants,"However, I am only a Class II mage. My mana is running out."

"Don't worry, Darryl," I say as the waves of fireballs begin to waver, "This fight is ending soon."

I shout orders, "Aelita, handle the remaining pirates. John, take out the enemy's captain. I'll handle the Pyroguards!"

The captain, hearing this, steps back a few steps, with two Pyroguards and several pirates protecting him.

"Roger!" Aelita answers, "Stone Cabin: Offensive Technique!" She summons stone layers, this time crushing the pirates underneath.

"Blood Vortex!" I shriek, sending masses of spiral blood upon the Pyroguards. They break ranks, and four of them are smothered to bits of flesh.

"Run! Run!" I hear a pirate shout. Their lifeboats begin to drop.

"Aelita! Stop them!" I order.

"Err," Aelita hesitates as she impales a pirate, "isn't it a bit morally questionable to attack a retreating enemy?"

No, Aelita, it is totally not acceptable, although right now you're stabbing a man's heart. Literally.

"They must not know our intentions!" I shriek, as I forcefully stab a Pyroguard and kick her stomach, sending her drowning.

"Sister!" the remaining Pyroguard cries.

"Blood Shockwave!" I hiss, throwing her backwards.

"Blood Lightning!" I shout. This skill is a mimicry of Remi's lightning bolts. I discovered not long ago that it can sap a target's mana.

The sheer power of the lightning destroys the Pyroguard immediately, her lifeless body laying (not so) peacefully.

"Aelita, have you finished your job?" I ask.