5. Training Regime

"For now, you'll have a battle royale between the three of you." Madam Fron says.

"Huh?" Aelita sounds confused, "I thought we would fight you."

"I don't want dead bodies," Madam Fron grins. "Don't overestimate yourselves."

We are pitted against each other in a circle arena, bordered by Madam Fron's ice walls.

"Begin!" Madam Fron shouts.

"Blood Salvo!" I shout, sending waves of blood arrows. Aelita and John react quickly, dodging them. They're much faster than Remi (I mean, we're comparing two potential Guards to a whiny, bratty noble kid).

Aelita strikes back. "Nature Summon: Ent!" She creates a large tree creature.

I extend my arms, summoning an army of wights from the ground. The wights gather, turning into a huge wight, slightly larger than the ent Aelita summoned before.

The two summoned creatures battle each other. "Blood Vortex!" I gasp, sending a flurry of blood blasting the ent's arm.

"Divine Judgement!" John declares, a blinding flash of light and destruction pouring down my giant wight.

"Blood Prison!" I scream, encasing John and Aelita in a blood ball. "These two are working together against me!" I curse to myself.

Sure enough, John breaks my prison apart with his spell. "Come forth, the old creatures of the past!" I murmur.

The dark stone creatures, the gargoyles, march on the couple, their eerie shrieks deafening ears.

"Charge!" I shout to the gargoyles I have just summoned.

Aelita waves her hand. Green vine tentacles arrive from the underground, sniping my gargoyles.

"Game over, Violleta!" Aelita laughs jokingly, "John!"

"Divine Judgement!" The same flash of light energy comes from the above.

"Blood Vortex!" My blood spell halts John's spell temporarily.

"Uh," I whisper to myself as John's spell start to prevail.

"Wood Fist!" Aelita shouts. Fist shaped wood comes at such a high velocity with a great amount of power, I can't do anything.

I am thrown to the ground by the sheer power of the fists, although I manage to avoid the more destructive Divine Judgement.

"Alright, stop!" Madam Fron orders, her face looks satisfied.

"Not bad, not bad at all!" she laughs.

"That teamwork between John and Aelita was very nice! That's how you should fight!" she continues to laugh.

"So, what do you say, Anwar? I told you my picks can't be wrong!" Madam Fron grins.

"Yeah," Mr Anwar says, "lucky for us. I have seen the other Guards train, and to be frank I have little hope."

"I know. I heard that has happened since that dumb Princess–who is it again, Seira–took over the Guard training programme," Madam Fron grunts.

"Hush!" Mr Anwar hisses.

Madam Fron smirks. "Well, you guys have trained well."

"Although I believe it is a battle royale, not a 2-on-1," I curse.

"That's strategy!" Aelita replies while laughing. The quiet John smiles widely, too, as if mocking me.

"Alright, back to training!"