97. Old Memories II

"Fronica," Grandma says. "Why are you here?"

"I felt Lumiya's aura," Madam Fron says. "Vanya, our centre is giving ground."

"Edelweiss is not finished yet. You can't win against both of them."

"She's barely standing," Madam Fron rejoins. She glances at us. "And have some faith in your granddaughters." Grandma silently leaves the battlefield.

"You've come to your death," the Princess of Terror says. "The Moonray family must vanish. Vanish for the sins they have committed against me!"

"It was one person, bastard!" Madam Fron roars. "There's no reason to kill my entire family! Null! Zero! The only reason is your uncontrolled bloodlust!"

"You'll never understand the pains of bondage, Fronica!" the vampire replies hotly. "The helplessness. The despair. I'll make you feel it now–I'll make you feel how I felt hundreds of years ago when I was a slave."

"Come here and try, bitch!" Madam Fron barks. "Complete Metamorphosis. North Flames: Waves of Annihilation!"

Madam Fron is almost fully a large butterfly with arms and legs now. A massive sea of blue fire appears on the battlefield. "Shadow Barrier!" her foe raises a shield of dark matter, repelling the fire.

"Shadow Salvo!" Gigantic dark arrows fall on the battlefield. Madam Fron leaps from tree to tree, avoiding the attack.

Madam Fron dashes forward, engaging her mortal archenemy in vicious close combat. Her graceful yet wild swings are parried with extreme efficiency; the Princess of Terror merely moves her blade in simple yet effective deflections.

"Heah!" Madam Fron thrusts from above, grazing her foe's neck and drawing blood. "North Flames: Eye of the Beholder!"

Chaotic blue flames burst out from Madam Fron's eyes, flooding the vampire with heat. She unleashes a dark mist, repelling the flames.

"Your skills are getting dull, Lumiya!" Madam Fron appears behind her, a swing from her glaive nearly beheading the vampire if not for a lucky parry. "Have you been so immersed in your experiments that you neglect yourself?" 

"This ends here," the Princess of Terror declares. From her sleeves she grabs and consumes a blue pill.

"Madam Fron! It's soul magic! She'll become stronger!" Lita warns.

"I know!" Madam Fron barks. 

"You don't know anything, Fronica!" the Princess of Terror taunts. "The physical body can only be trained so much. Only external sources can enhance it further."

"Let's test the theory, then," Madam Fron taunts back. "Absolute Zero!"

A storm of icicles is brought forth to the battlefield, covering the plains with snow. "Barrage of Shadow Swords!" the Princess of Terror screams, sending out black swords to match the onslaught of ice spears.

"Shadow Dragon!" The Princess of Terror unleashes a powerful dark beast. Madam Fron conjures layers of ice walls, destroying the creature.

"Impossible!" the Princess of Terror barks. "How could you attain so much power?"

"Maybe if you weren't confined in your labs, your body wouldn't be weakened this badly."

"They're equals," Lita whispers. "Way too equal." She glances at the severely wounded White Witch. "She could be a liability."

"Should we finish her off?" I mutter.

"Maybe, but it's risky," Lita says. "At this point, we're very weak compared to those two."