Possessed

They had already set off to Tranquis, the last village, and were nearly already there. They could see it from where they were now.

Tranquis was a village deep in a rainforest, so it was harder to navigate.

"Did you sleep well last night?" Arlo asked Troy as they walked along a dirt path.

"Yeah. I was in a good mood until they decided they were going to send us on another recruitment mission."

They had returned from Sailorn, and Kain had decided that he would be taking the soldiers for the final part of the mission on another day, which was strange.

Fortunately, that meant that they had a day to rest.

Arlo looked over at Kain, leading the soldiers. He suddenly stopped dead in his tracks.

"Troops, stop!"

Kain looked around as if he had noticed something suspicious.

"Sir...?"

Suddenly, Kain snapped his shoulder back and put his fist in the air.

He caught something.

"We're under attack!" Kain cried as he gave the arrow to Eunice.

Suddenly, dozens of arrows dispersed in their direction.

"What's going on?"

The soldiers that had shields quickly moved to the front of the line and provided cover for everyone until the arrows stopped coming.

Arlo looked deep into the rainforest to try and pinpoint the attackers.

He found several, scattered behind different trees.

"They're all hiding behind trees! Take caution as you approach!" Arlo informed everyone.

Eunice called for her soldiers.

"Archers, don't refrain from hitting any enemies!"

She pulled an arrow out and nocked it, then sent an arrow flying. He could see that she hit someone in the head, but they ignored it, almost as if it were a small problem.

As if this wasn't intense already, several melee soldiers began charging towards them.

"Attack!" Kain commanded.

Sara sent a Shockstream spell down the way Arlo was headed, knocking out several enemy soldiers.