Separation

Claire took a bite of the steak that the villagers had prepared for them.

"Woah! This is so good!" she said.

"I know, right?" Pierce took another bite.

"Can't believe this is just common meat here."

One of the villagers had welcomed them into their homes to stay for the night.

Claire and Pierce spent their evening together learning spells, and Pierce mastered the spell "Flameburst", and tried some other ones, like a healing spell and a mind-controling spell, although they could only test it on small rodents.

"Again, thank you for letting us stay for the night." she said.

The villager sat down on a chair.

"It's alright, it's a family tradition I follow."

"Oh."

Pierce lied down on the bed that the host had offered him, and Claire was sitting on the ground.

"The bed is too small." he said with a mundane tone.

"Then make your legs shorter." she laughed.

Pierce sighed.

"The people here are so nice. Had we been in Vaequiles we would already be dead."

"I forget you're Vaequilian."

"Hey, don't call me a Vaequilian anymore. And remember, you're one of us, too."

"I still can't believe that I'm related to the Vaequilian king before Queen Altina..."

"Hey, Claire?"

"Yeah?"

"I have something important to do tomorrow."

"What is it?"

"I'd... rather not tell you. I'll be gone for a few days so please don't leave Faegris until I return."

"Oh... okay..." she frowned.