Spells

Arlo woke up early in the morning, packed his stuff- his sword and armor.

He also learned a little bit of magic, but he found it too difficult to concentrate for extended periods of time.

He set his sword down and tried to try out some magic.

This one was a simple one. Sara had taught him this one.

He put his fingers over his right eyelid, and clumsily swiped to the right, willing the spell unto himself.

He looked down to his hand to see, well, nothing. This spell made the user invisibile for normally up to five minutes, but he could only hold it for twelve seconds.

He released the spell, which made him visible again. Some passerbys stared at him.

"Sorry!" he laughed nervously, scratching his head.

They nodded and walked on.

The thing about Zealorus was that the people of it had the ability to use magic. The Vaequilians were incapable of using these powers.

It was unclear, why, but it was so.

Looks like magic isn't for me, though.

Sara came up from behind.

"Practicing spells?"

"Yeah..."

"I remember Claire taught you that one. Remember the first time you used it?"

He chuckled. The first time he had tried using it he accidentally scared grandpa half to death.

Grandpa.

I wonder how grandpa is doing.

"Well, we leave in ten minutes. Just letting you know. We meet at the mess hall."

"Thanks for letting me know."

She walked away.

He started walking to the mess hall.