12

Remember to follow, vote and comment.

Erica's POV

I stare at Joe with alien eyes as he runs his hands through his hair various times to calm himself down.

Well, I'm furious and there's not going to be any calming down for me.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I whisper yell, still aware of the other sleeping residents in the house.

Joe turns to me. "What's wrong with me? I should be the one asking you. How could you go out with a stranger?"

"He isn't a stranger."

"Oh, is that so? You have known him for what? Five days? Jesus Christ, Erica, I didn't know you were so stupid."

I feel tears prickle the corner of my eyes. But for what am I crying? I get more furious, if that's even possible.

Joe walks over to me and places his hands on the side of my face before dipping his head and claiming my lips. I hardly had any time to register what's happening.

He can't do this to me. He knows I have a boyfriend now so he should stop. He can't think that he'll get away with kissing me.

So I push him away from me, effectively breaking the kiss. I immediately slap him across the face. I'm surprised I did that, but his expression is priceless.

"Fuck, I didn't know you were so desperate you could go out with a stranger. You think he likes you? Erica dearest, he's only using you. Are you that naïve?"

I've heard enough!

"Get out." He laughs under his breath.

"So now you are kicking me out? I didn't know you tire so quickly. You haven't had a lot of fun with me, yet," he says, "the truth hurts doesn't it?"

"Get out!" Tears threaten to pour out any second now and I can't let him see them.

"You're a slut."

"GET OUT!"

I push against his chest until he's out my door and I slam it in his face. Leaning against the door, my knees give in so I slide against it to the floor.

The tears now finally pour out uncontrollably. I shouldn't be crying. He only said those things to hurt me, right?

I'm not desperate. I just took a chance at love. Is that so wrong? I'm allowed to love. Though I'm not there yet.

I spend the following night in Star's room, which is on the other side of the house. She whines about how I ruined her hook up with Darell.

So the following night is spent with headsets covering my ears in my room.

***

As I sit in Moana's room, I try to overhear her conversation with Star.

"Really, I don't know what's with Joe…" Moana says.

Oh, that's the topic? I'm not interested. I plug my earphones back in my ears.

Over lunch, Blake is completely onto Joe. I don't know why everyone's conversation is around Joe. Did he do something wrong?

"I see you are bringing girls over again?" Blake says.

I don't know but I feel like my heart just got wounded. Like many pins are lodged into it. God, it hurts.