29

Remember to follow, vote and comment.

Erica's POV

A few hours later…

"It's good to see you're awake," the doctor says.

"How's my baby?" I ask. That's my only concern right now.

"It's fine," I sigh in relief, " but I suggest you get maximum rest for the next few days, alright?" I nod my head.

"Did you tell the man I was with?" I ask.

The doctor shakes his head, "not yet. Would you like me to tell him?" He asks.

"No please, I want to deliver the news myself."

"Alright then, go back to sleep. You'll be discharged this evening."

"Great!"

I wake up to find Joe already staring at me. I smile up at him and he smiles back.

"What are you thinking?" I ask him softly.

"About how I almost lost you again," he whispers.

"But I'm here now."

He sighs.

"Yeah, you are."

"And no one is going to separate us again."

"I hope so, too."

"Are you trying to say you dated more psycho women?"

He laughs and shakes his head. "I don't think so."

"Great. Because I didn't date many men, either. And u doubt the ones I dated are psychopaths."

"Come on. Let's get you ready to leave. Plus, if you still want the wedding, it's in two days."

"I definitely want it."

Two days later…

I walk down the isle with my mother holding my hand. I walk ever so slowly with gentleness. I lift my eyes and look around at all the happy faces.

I smile at my friends from college. I continue looking around until I land on the very captivating ocean blue eyes at the end.

Joe looks even more handsome in a tux. But I think he looks much more handsome without one. If you know what I mean.

He holds my gaze until we walk up to him. My mother holds both our hands and unites them.

"You better keep my daughter safe and happy, you hear me young man?"

"Yes, I will."

"Good." She walks away to her seat.

I look up at Joe and smile at him. He smiles back and we both turn towards the priest. We kneel in front of the makeshift altar.

Joe decided he didn't want a church wedding. So, Moana had to find a space to put it. And she chose the beach. Great choice, really.

"We have gathered here today to witness the union of our beloved …" I zone out.

I cannot believe I'm getting married to the man I have cried over for the last nine years. God can answer prayers, that's for sure. I remember back to everything we went through.

From when we first met on the street, to school, to the beach house. All up to here. From everyone that tried to come in between, Riana, Denise, Jaime and Drake. And the best part, we went through it together.