7

Erica's POV

Funny how God gives you happiness in a minute and then takes it away in the next. Take now for example. I was so happy I'm going to the lagoons, then I find Joe at the bay.

I wouldn't call that a coincidence.

"You made it," cries Moana as she wraps her hands around me in a tight hug.

Can't. Breathe.

"So what are you guys doing here?" Star asks.

Moana let's go of me to answer her. Oh, thank goodness I can finally breathe.

"Why, your father didn't tell you?" She asks.

We look back at my father.

"You are going to spend the summer with the Frosts at their summer house."

Imma drop dead right here, right now.

I can't believe I'm going to spend 104 days of my sweet school-free vacation with Joe. I mean he and I don't get along. He's just always annoying me. I don't know what I'm going to do.

"Hey kids, are you ready to go?" Blake, Moana's dad, asks.

"Give us a minute!" I turn to dad. "Why didn't you tell us earlier?" I whisper yell.

"It was a surprise. I know how much you love Moana, so I figured you could spend the summer with her."

It was a surprise alright. And yes I do love Moana but her brother?

"Okay now, time to go." Dad pats my back.

An minutes later, we are boarding a private ship. Yes. The Frost are that rich.

Darrell and Jayden, Moana's boyfriend, joined us.

So, Joe and I are the only ones who are not in a relationship aboard this ship.

Joe tries bringing up conversation but I shut him

I stand at the front of the boat behind the railing, my feet dangling over the edge.

I see fish swimming along in the water. God, they look peaceful. If only I could turn into a mermaid and swim along with them.

I chuckle at my crazed mind.

"Thinking about jumping in?" Joe asks from behind me.

I turn to look at him. He has his hands in his pockets, his hair falling back as the wind passes through it and he has this look on his face that I can't decipher.

He looked amazing. Hot.

"What makes you think that?" I ask.

"The way you are looking at the water." He sits beside me.

We stay quiet for a moment.

"What do you want?" I ask eventually.

He looks at me for a few seconds before replying, "Do I have to want something to spend some time with a beautiful girl?"

For a moment, my eyes meet with his blue ones before I focus back on the ocean in front of me.

"Well..."

"Look," he interrupts me.

I look at where he's pointing. At the horizon, I see a white painted mansion. I stare at it in awe.

"That's where we are going." He looks at me with a hint of sadness written in his eyes.

I wonder if I'm imagining things.

"It looks..."

"Wonderful. Breathtaking."

I question his reaction towards this place. I wonder if I should pry or not.