Chapter 15 - Attraction

Mulai dari awal

Why don't I have a filter from my brain to my mouth? Bruno laughed; a throaty laugh, then put the knife down before turning to face me. I could see the entirety of his outfit now and fuck, was I a sucker for his arms, and his neck, and his face, it should be a crime to wear a loose tank top and look this good- that's why I wanted to train with Abbacchio, how was I going to focus with this man looking this good?

He was staring at me, his head tilted to the side. He had answered but I didn't hear it, I was lost in my thoughts, no I was just ogling. Meeting his gaze, I nodded. I have no idea why I did that; I don't even know what he said, but my action made him chuckle again. "You didn't hear what I said, did you?" he asked with a smile. "Hey, you're to blame okay? You're distracting." I said firmly, waving my hands at his body, as if it was something painfully obvious that he had control of.

"I'm sure you'll get over it." He said with a grin before adding, "I got over it after some times, but sometimes you do make it hard not to stare." He said in a low tone, before winking confidently as he resumed his activity. What did he mean by that? I wasn't distracting, did he mean he found me- my cheeks flared up. "No. Shut up," Looking to the side I continued, pouting lightly "You're unsufferable." I scoffed with a shy smile. Afterwards I stirred the conversation away from that topic.

In time, we were done with preparing the meal and had moved to eating at the table. Not once was my breakdown from last night mentioned. It was a relief, thinking about it I felt a bit embarrassed, but I was not going to dwell on it, I had to get stronger... for Bruno. How stupid is that, I thought in disbelief, I'm doing it for myself. Glancing at him, there was a pinch in my heart, perhaps I also wanted to get stronger for him to be able to deserve him? To stay by his side without being a burden.

Once we were done eating, I hastily made my way to the fridge, grabbing our bottles of water. With the weather today being unbearable and the sun hitting hard, the fact that most walls of Bruno's house were windows did not help, at all. "I'd assume you'd have air conditioning here, but, fuck it's hot." I breathed out, fanning my face. I have no idea how I was going to manage training with this temperature, this stifling heat that made it feel like we were in a greenhouse.

Letting out a small laugh, Bruno joined me in the living room his face as pristine as ever. Was he even bothered by anything? While he had opened a few windows, along the door to the garden, nothing changed. "I'll put the air conditioning," he started before giving me a mischievous look, "If you can take me down." He told me as he tied his hair, I was deadpanned. He had a polite smile, but it was also daring, it was taunting. He was very confident in his skills, and the utter calm he was in made it even less reassuring. But I didn't budge.

"Now that's blackmail, capo. It's a low blow, I'm not playing." I said with a scoff, crossing my arms across my chest. Like hell I was going to wrestle with him when I was this close to pour the content of my bottle all over myself. A glint in his eyes appeared, and in a split of second, he had me in a tight lock, nor my arms nor my neck were free. I had been through this with Abbacchio, I knew what to do but damn it, my body was enjoying this too much. "Cara, I said don't call me capo, mh?" He whispered, too close to my ear.

Struggling against his grip, I grinned, okay this could be fun. He's definitely more talkative than Abbacchio but I could get behind that. Grunting I got out of his grasp but he quickly came back without a pause. We kept sparring like this for a while, he was relentless, I didn't know he would be so into it nor did I know he was that good. What I did know was that, was for my sanity, it'd be better to train with Abbacchio than with Bucciarati. Seeing him panting, sweating and being cocky, was a sight to behold and I was in the front row. It brought a warm feeling inside me, and it was not because of the heat this time. Shit he's hot.