Chapter 8 - Caring

Carrying Bruno to Libeccio took more time than usual; Having him passed out did slow us down but I also tried to be as discrete as possible, ready to pounce on anything that'd jump me. And being aware of everything around me required a lot of thinking and analyzing. I tried my best to stay focus and composed, but as much as I prided myself in being able to do so under pressure, at this very moment I was ready to breakdown.

Once we arrived at Libeccio, I noticed the backdoor was already unlocked. Pushing it open with my foot, we slid in without a noise; I could heard two voices talking in a low tone and sighed in relief when I recognized Giorno and Mista. "We're here" I wanted to give an impassive voice but I heard it break once it left my mouth. Mista and Giorno rushed by Bruno's side and helped him onto the kitchen counter, ripping his shirt off to take a closer look at his wounds as I stood a few steps away.

With a focused look on his face, Giorno took off his jacket as he let his stand out. Thinking about it, I had not seen him in action yet, he pulled out small beads from his pockets and put them in Bucciarati's wounds. "What are you-" Approaching him quickly, Mista stopped me and told me to watch. A golden hue engulfed the beads which then shifted into something else inside Bucciarati's body. The Don chuckled at my confusion, he was a bit worried for his friend but still found humor in the situation.

"I'm not exactly a healer, but I can turn inorganic matter into living things." He said with a smile, wiping his hands with a towel once he was done. "I stopped the bleeding, and he's going to live but he'll still be sore from it all. Could you tell me-" turning around to face me as he spoke, he interrupted himself upon seeing my face. The blond man furrowed his brows in worry as he got closer, "Is everything ok?" he asked, in a kind tone.

Quirking a brow, I didn't understand what he meant. Nodding, I dare to speak "Yeah yeah, peachy. Why?" Mista handed me a tissue, concern plaguing his normally joyful face. "You're crying, Coda." My eyes widened as I heard the gunsman's voice, "I'm not-" wiping my face with my hands I stopped once again when I saw the red substance that was all over them. It's too real. It's too real- oh god. Bruno almost died because of me, how can they be so relaxed?

Grabbing both of my hands, Mista guided me to the sink and helped me wash my hands, scrubbing away the blood. I was in shock. They seemed to understand that, but what I did not know was why they were so patient. Their friend was passed out, right in front of them and they were helping the person responsible for all of it- "Before we start asking you what happened, you have to understand you're not responsible for any of this. You did well reacting so fast." Spoke the Don.

Looking away, I nodded. "You're bleeding." He pointed out the wet spot on the side of my thigh. Not feeling anything when touching it, I shrugged "It's not mine..." it's Bruno's, I left out. Turning towards the resting form of Bruno, I took one of his hand in mind absentmindedly. Understanding, Giorno clasped his hands together, throwing a glance at Mista before talking. "We're ready when you are." He gave me a gentle smile, but I knew he was talking as the Don at the moment, he had to know what happened, in details, to be able to take action and put things in place.

Exhaling deeply, I took a moment to calm my ectic beting heart, then began. I started with the annoying man with a gun, whom did not have a stand , that Bruno took down. The blond man did a mental of taking care of him anyway, while he might not be a threat he had still attacked a member of Passione, and knew well they were part of the mafia. I then proceeded by telling them about the stand user, how he seemed to be able to phase through matter.

"I think he can't phase people through with him, it'd explain why he didn't take me with him right away. But he was still fast when... stabbing Bruno." I knew I was talking too fast, I was rambling at this point. I did try to slow my pace but I was still under the effect of adrenaline, no matter how hard I tried to calm down. Remembering one last bit I spoke again, "The man, he said 'Vendetta Rossa sends their regards'" Nodding thoughtfully, both men looked at each other a moment before looking back at Bruno.