34

As weeks passed, they completed all the work at the HQ. The company knew about Mark and Narae as the both of them were the ones that revealed it.

(Flashback)
Narae's pov

I was finishing my work in my office when someone knocked on the door.

"Come in" I looked up and it was Mark.

"Yes?"

"Uhm, I was wondering if you want to have lunch with me..?"

"Sure, let me finish this first"

"Okay"

he went out and I continued.  Minutes later, I finished and went to his office. His door was not fully closed. I was about to push it open when I heard him talking with someone

"Listen, I get that you like me and you can't help with your feelings, but I can't be together with you"

who is he talking to?

I peeked through the small gap and saw a girl standing in front of his table.

"Why? Do you have someone else?" she asked.

He looked down and I can see from his face that he's trying to come up with something. I was leaning on the door too much that I accidentally pushed it open, revealing myself.

They looked at me and the girl bowed immediately

"M-Miss Jung"

"U-uhm" I awkwardly stared at them and waved.

"Hahah.. hi..?" I looked at him and raised my eyebrows, signalling him to tell me what's going on.

" *Sighs* Let's just tell her Narae, let's make it public"

"W-what?" he walked towards me and held my hand, pulling me with him. We stood in front of her and he still didn't let go of my hand.

"Eunmi, I'm sorry to hurt your feelings but, yes, I have someone that I love"

"Y-yah, didn't we agreed to–"

"It's okay Narae" the girl looked confused but then realized.

"Y-you're dating.. Miss Jung?" he nodded. She looked down and tried to calm herself

"Well, it's okay. I hope you and Miss Jung will last long *smiles* " both of us kinda caught off guard by what she just said.

"T-thank you, Eunmi right?" I said, trying to talk in a calm tone

"Yes"

"Well Eunmi, I hope you can find someone who loves you back and can make you happy *smiles* "

"Thank you Miss Jung, you're so kind" she bowed and left the room. Both of us looked at each other

"So, no more secret dating?"

" *Chuckles* Yes, no more secret dating. Now the whole company won't hit on my girl anymore"

"God that's cheesy"

(Present time)

"Can I switch the channel?"

"Sure" I took the remote control and switched it but stopped at the news.

"Three women around the age of 20 to 21 were reported missing and was last tracked around the area of SoMu Street. This has been going on for two days and people were saying that they're kidnapped. Citizen especially ladies are advised to avoid going out alone late at night. Report immediately to a nearby police station if something seems suspicious,"