09

"NOW NARAE!"

I rushed out my room, bringing the phone with me,went to the security room and pressed the button. The house slowly becoming dark as the sunlight was blocked by the metal that was closing the window. The doors were locked.

I turned all the lights on and went to the security room, checking the cctv. I checked the surrounding outside and something caught my attention.

"What the"

a black van parked outside the gate and they were taking pictures of this place. I can't see their faces cause they were wearing mask.

I called Taeyong immediately,

"Taeyong-ah, this is a sudden question but do people always take pictures of this mansion?", I said as I focused on them.

"What? No, people rarely pass by in our area" Taeyong stopped.

"But there's literally two people outside the main gate" Taeyong stayed silent.

"Did you activate the lockdown?"

"Yes"

"We'll have a meeting later. Prepare everything you got. We will figure this out" Taeyong said.

The black van left and I calmed down a bit.

"When are you guys planning to go back? You're leaving a girl in this massive place, alone"

"We're on our way now", then I hung up. I watched the footage inside this place and reversed it to 10 minutes ago, where the crashing sound was heard. I observed every single camera and there it was. The one I was looking for.

(Few minutes later)

turning off the mode, i went outside,sitting at the patio. I was deep in my thoughts, thinking about the person that crashed in this place.

I didn't even realize that NCT have arrived, until someone shouted my name.

"Narae!"

I turned around to see Mark running towards me

"Oh, hi M-"

I didn't get to finish my sentence when he suddenly hugged me.

"Thank god you're fine"

I was shocked, and I'm not gonna lie, his hug gives me comfort and I feel safe in his arms.

Oh no, I'm gonna blush.

I hugged him back, telling him that I'm okay.

"Where are the others?"

I asked him, realizing that I can't hear Chenle's or Lucas's scream. Mark let go of the hug and told me that they're in the meeting room, waiting for us.

We went in and here comes Jaehyun, the overprotective brother.

"You're not hurt,right?" he said, worries could be seen in his eyes.

"I'm fine" I said, reassuring him. Then I sit next to Taeyong cause he told me to.

"Alright,since everyone is already here, let's start", Taeyong started, serious expression could be seen as well as the others.

"So, as you all may know, we were supposed to be having a family bonding time, but got cancelled because of an emergency. Narae, would you explain to us what happened, from the beginning"

this sounds like we're having a science class. I stood up and explained to them.

"so, I was in my room"

I started explaining, not a single detail being left out. After the explanation, I showed them what I found.

"So, I was in the security room, looking at the cctv, and I found this"

"a black van parked outside, at the front gate and taking pictures. But that's not it, when they left, I checked the ones inside,where the crashing sound was heard, and here's what I found".

I showed them the footage. A girl, wearing black tee with black Vans. A cap and mask covering her face. She was looking around the house, then placed a note on the dining table.

She was about to left the place when she accidentally slipped on a slime and fall, causing one of the vase to break. Everyone turned to look at two specific person

"What?" Chenle and Jisung snickered. The girl stood up and just like that, she left.

"And this is the note on the table"

"Live your life while you still can,
One day, you'll not experience it again.
This is my first warning.
-PH"

"Why would this person give death threat to us? Like, do we have something against them?", Mark spoke up,

"That's what we don't know yet, and we don't even know who the person behind this, it's either the girl or someone else"

We were trying to find any clue, and unfortunately can't.

" *Sighs* If only the license plate was not covered by the bushes" Hendery said. But then Ten said something that catches our attention.

"Guys, this person's initial is PH, we can go through the files and search someone with this initial"

"But we haven't dealt someone with this initial tho, what if they tricked us and used a fake name" Kun said

"Well, it's not wrong to try" Ten said, shrugging his shoulder.

"But whatever it is,I need all of you to be careful. Report to me if something seems suspicious. That's all." Taeyong said and dismissed us.

We went out the meeting room. I was about to go upstairs when Mark held my hand, stopping me.

"Yeah?"
"Uhm, can I talk to you for a bit? Privately"
"Sure", I looked down to our hands and he let go
"O-oh, sorry"

We went to the library, where no one will be watching us.

"What is it?" I asked him

"I've been wanting to tell you this but, I don't have the time to cause I've been handling stuff" he started off, looking a bit worried.

"So, do you remember the first time we met?"

"Of course I do! I was in the kitchen and-"

I was about to tell him when he suddenly cut me off

"Actually, that's not the first time"

"What?" Not the first time?

"So you remember when you first came here, two men were holding you, and then someone saved you"

"Yeah.. wait, don't tell me.."

"I'm him, I'm the one that saved you"

"What?!"