⤿ Chocolate Milkshake

Start from the beginning

they're not much different in real life--however, they're simply far.. worse. their fur is matted & sickly, constantly shedding in some places & sticking out in different places. it looks like they haven't been groomed or taken care of in years. that's probably the case, too. they have the same color palette as they do in-game, although all of the colors are a lot more dull & far less saturated than they are in animal crossing. their eyes take up a large portion of their face, as does their smile--their teeth are horrifically human, almost as if they took someone's teeth or dentures & made them their own. their paws work like human hands, for they have four fingers with unsheathed claws at the tips of each appendage. they look like a normal cat, but only if the cat was bipedal, had human teeth paired with an everlasting smile, giant eyes with bloated pupils, giant lynx ears & a bunch of other things a cat shouldn't have. the bow is still there, although it's been through some things--it's tied tightly around their neck, shedding fur fuzzed up around it. it looks very painful.

Holy shit that is an eerie but memorable character design. It's really offputting with the details about the random human characteristics and matted fur. I really like how you imagined something generally cute like a cat with a ribbon into a twisted creation of your own.

personality -in animal crossing, smile is referred to as a 'smug' villager--the following villagers are highly sought after, as they're quite rare &.. interesting, to say the least. however, unlike most smug villagers, smile gets along with none of the residents (other than the player, tom nook & isabelle). they tend to wander about with fishing rods, snatching up any fish (always a rare catch for some reason, which always pisses off the other villagers); they only do this when they stand beside a villager who's fishing prior to their arrival. on the loading screen, they can always be found standing in the plaza, staring up at the player with their weird smile & giant eyes. no other villager is focused on during this time, as they're always stomping &, typically after booting up the game, bringing up the idea of moving away.outside of this, smile is emotionless. for the most part, anyways. they're extremely vain, prioritizing their existence over others--why else would they mutilate people? because they need food? of course not!; they mutilate them for fun & because it's always interesting to see someone break down when their loved one suddenly disappears! they used to do something similar with feral animals before realizing that humans actually had emotions! & there's actually a challenge in manipulating them, as some people would deduct them as an 'ugly' villager or try to sell them to others (which would then pass him onto someone else who's already willing to invite them into their home! a win for them!).

Normally I would say this isn't a personality detailed enough for an oc but considering the type of character it is I think this is fine. A character that's as enigmatic and used for shock purposes like this one should much rather focus on utilizing the character to create atmosphere or develop the story rather than to develop the character itself. But if possible more detail is always a good thing.

backstory - once quarantine began, animal crossing (among other best-selling games, like doom eternal) became one of the highest grossing games available. it was (& currently is, haha) one of the few things keeping people from going completely insane. with cute villagers, an island to decorate & loans to be paid, it's a fun experience for all ages! recently, a few days after the june wedding event began, a new villager began to pop up. a rather weird one, at that. here's the weird part about it: nintendo never released anything on the villager, nor had people ever talked about finding them anywhere prior to the event. they just.. suddenly began to exist. they went by the name of 'smile' & had they/them pronouns, much like boomer the penguin. strangely enough, their entire name was in lowercase, unlike the other villagers on people's islands. they typically popped up in the campsite, going on about how nice the island was & immediately saying that they'd love to move in someday. the same event would occur when the player flew to a random island. their dialogue never changes until they're offered a spot there; 'your island's as good as it as back home? oh, boy!' people made videos about the guy, always talking about how strange their appearance is & how they tended to follow the player around, always saying that they had things to show them. some people point out how they don't have a house & are simply wandering around the island aimlessly until the player arrives. occasionally, people comment on how they'd say, 'want to meet up? i can make plans!' then proceed to give the player the option to say 'yes' or 'no'.when the player says no, smile will pretend to question them a second time; they will then say that they're joking & promptly disappear from the island all together the very next day, replaced with a whole new villager. there are no videos nor concrete evidence on what happens to the people who reply with 'yes'.there's usually one less person in the animal crossing community when it happens, alongside a bunch of 'missing' posters.nintendo has, as of june 7th announced smile's existence to be a bug in the system--one they're incapable of accessing for one reason or another. the code surrounding smile's existence is extremely corrupted & untouchable, lest you want the entire game to eradicate itself.