⤿ brownies

𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭 nikkitacheyanna. 𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐬.

 𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐬

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Universe/Fandom: Original, set in Seoul

Name: Min Saebyeok

Nicknames: Sae(by her fans), Byeok(by her fans and family) Minsae(stage name)

Gender: Female

Age: 30

Aww man hell yes, it's refreshing to see an older idol

Ethnicity: Korean

Nationality: Scottish

Sexuality: Closet Ace(Panromantic)*Very important to the story, as being queer in Korea is a living hell, especially of your *if you're an idol

Occupation: Idol

Family:

Mother| Lee Soo-hyun, overall nice relationship, but Soo-hyun originally opposed Saebyeok becoming an idol as she's the only one who knows about her sexuality, and as a closeted bi herself, she didn't want her daughter to suffer. Soo-hyun is a very nice lady in her middle age, and her daughter looks just like her.

Father|Min Huyn Bin, rocky relationship, and pretends that Saebyeok doesn't exist. He is a very standoffish man.

Sister|Min Yerin, really good relationship, and Yerin idolizes her big sister.

A very cookie-cutter family dynamic. I'd like it if the dynamics between the characters were more detailed and if the family members would be less archetypal. The family situation is very forgettable because this is the default family. Give her family members quirks of their own that could differentiate from any other family character.

Appearance: pretty short(about 5'4), with makeup: pale skin, long black hair, skinny(about 48 kg, gotta stay skinny as an idol to keep up with KBS). Without makeup: acne, long black hair, slightly tan skin, scars from briefly serving in the Navy during a group hiatus.

Can you be more detailed? Maybe describe individual facial features, what aura she radiates, body shape, extra quirks like ears, teeth etc.

Personality: pretty nice when she's not in her stage concept, sometimes savage, extremely introverted and can't eat pork without throwing up.

That last one is oddly specific lol but it, unfortunately, is not a personality trait. I'd just move it to trivia.

Humans are more complex than this I'd like you to add more detail. Expand upon how she reacts to pressure, her general moral compass, worldview, maturity, intelligence, openness, priorities, thought process, values etc.

Also, flaws are very important for characters since it's the main medium that humanization is achieved so you should probably sprinkle in a few

Backstory: Saebyeok was born in Daegu, and grew up very poor. When she was 12 she tried to hang herself due to untreated depression. Because her family was so poor, Saebyeok got sick a lot and still does, but not as often. When she was 16, Sae got scouted at school, and auditioned for YG Entertainment. She wasn't accepted and later became part of a survival show for a girl group. She and six other girls won and became SEIRRA. They debuted in 2009.

This is pretty sparse for a backstory. Backstories are mainly meant to explain how a character came to be the person they are today. Include details like detailed medical history, socioeconomic location, people she was surrounded with growing up, school life, extracurriculars, home life etc.

Talents/Skills: Saebyeok can rap and dance very well, she is always the first to memorize choreographies. She can also cook.

More pls. They don't have to be particularly cool either. Mundane skills are also interesting.

Struggles: Depression, vocals

Fears: CA/Bullying scandals.

Most people have more than just one fear please add a few more. Especially ones that have an impact on her or her narrative.

Likes: cats, rap, bulgogi

Dislikes: dogs, pork

Also, incredibly sparse humans have more likes and dislikes than just this. Again, mundane things are also cool. Include some oddly specific obscure points.

Trivia: Sae can spit a whopping 13.83 syllables per second.

Trivia, likes, dislikes and talents are such a good opportunity for unique, memorable, and humanizing characterization. It's best to make use of it by putting in quirky and interesting information.

Total:

2/10

Saebyeok is underdeveloped. It seems like you haven't spent a lot of time on her yet and that's okay.

Saebyeok just needs 2 things: detail and characterization.

Detail is very easy to fix. All you gotta do is add (a lot) more...detail :)

As for characterization that's a bit harder to nail. You just gotta make your character as quirky and human as you can. Give them weird, specific traits and odd interests. Make them have the same gross habits as you. Just make them memorable and likable in some way because without that sweet sweet characterization you're throwing away the opportunity to make your character memorable, unique and likable.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝐖𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐥! 𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧!