Chapter 16: Anyone?

Mike has arrived at Doctor Henderson's office but Mike senses something doesn't like right. Mike feels something is different prior to entering the office door. He's eager to run in Doctor Henderson there. He has questions and they need answers. He feels the place has been abandoned. Mike peeks inside the office door and he can't believe that his eyes. Mike takes a step back and goes back outside. Perhaps, he's at the wrong address. He looks at the address again to see if it's the correct one.

Indeed, he's at the right place. He goes back inside and is astonished of what's in front of him. The office is completely empty. Last time he was by Doctor Henderson's office, there was chairs, magazines, equipment; basically, everything an office is supposed to have is gone. There is no one in the front desk or around. Mike begins to yell, "Hello! Anyone here? Doctor Henderson?" No one answers so Mike repeats, "Hello! Anyone?" Mike is hoping for something to answer back.

With the coast is clear, Mike starts to see what he can find on the front desk. Mike remembers Ashley sat their last time he was there. He also recalls the jail experience; he starts getting chills. He opens the draw and nothing of his interest. He checks the documents on the desk and gets a paper cut. Mike cries out, "Not a paper cut! I hate them!" Mike puts his bloody finder in his month to reduce the pain. Mike continues to dig in to find something about his records to get better understanding of his condition.

After going through the documents, Mike arrives at dead end like an escape room without an exit to the outside. With disappointment on his face, he throws a stack of papers up in the air. The documents look like a shark jumping out of the water. Mike spots something that may be helpful. He sees a computer on the floor. The computer is missing the screen, so he decides to look around.

Mike decides to go to the exam room in the back of the office. Mike walks in exam room 1 and founds a screen. He grabs it but before he departs, he looks in all the draws. He finds a stethoscope and needles. He puts the screen down and begins to play around. He remembers that on TV the doctors were using that equipment. Mike accidentally pricks his hand with the needle. He describes it as a bee sting. Mike drops everything, grabs the screen and runs back to the front where the computer is.

Mike begins to assemble the computer and screen. He pushes the power button and the screen is black. He plays around and an error comes up. The pop-up message says, "All hard drive and memory has been deleted." Mike from angrier throws the computer and screen and slams it on the floor. Mike still has more rooms to check out.

Mike goes back to the explore the back rooms of the office. He sees the back door is open and is curious who might be there. Mike can't believe who he sees. Mike is breath taken and speechless. It's John, his best friend. Mike screams out, "John? Is that you?"