"Father-," Akaashi quickly darted his dark blue eyes from Bokuto's as he noticed that his father is quite impressed tonight, but his date unintentionally interrupted them.

"Wait, I'm sorry. My apologies, Mr. Akaashi. I don't think Akaashi has to explain himself since I'm the one who asked him out, so it's on me," Bokuto said, still with an optimistic smile on his face. The parents turned their heads at him as he explained, "I should've asked you for permission to take your son out, but... as always, I didn't think that straight ahead. I'm really sorry about that,"

"Bokuto-san-," Akaashi tried to get out from the house to help him but his mother blocked his way, slowly shaking her head as a sign for him to not get involved.

"The truth is, I've always liked him. But stupid me, I didn't realize this sooner. Akaashi is the sweetest person I've ever met, and I'll try to be there for him as much as he's always there for me," Bokuto then moved his eyes to meet those dark yet warm blue eyes of his date's eyes with a fond smile, he then says, "And if I want to return all his feelings for me, I think the best option is to take him out on a date,"

Akaashi smiled at him, genuinely happy that he can do all the words without making himself look like a clown. He's not really good with words, but tonight Bokuto proved him wrong and he's aware of that. He gave him a small thumb up which he returned it with a kid-like smile.

"Oh, and sir? Have I told you just how much Akaashi looks absolutely stunning tonight?" Suddenly Bokuto said something out of the context which made the younger lad blushed even harder. He doesn't have to say that though, that actually ruins the moment.

His father is a bit surprised at the words that he just heard, he even blinked his eyes in shock. He thought this man in front of him isn't the same Bokuto who always makes trouble everywhere he goes, but tonight he seems more responsible than before. Is he trying to prove a point?

"Thank you, Bokuto-san," Akaashi blushed as he replied at the comment, and he's not bad himself but he couldn't bring himself to say it yet. He's too embarrassed to say it since his parents are still here, though it seems unfair for Bokuto however the older lad doesn't care much.

"If you allow me to take Akaashi out on a date, that'd be great!" Bokuto then turned to both of the parents who are still shocked by the words he just said. He's truly an unpredictable child, yet Akaashi can read him with no problems.

"Pardon me," Akaashi mumbled as he finally broke through the barricade and embraced the taller lad with a big smile on his face. Then he lets Bokuto rest his hand on his waist as he looks back to his parents with a smile, "I'm going on a date with Bokuto-san. Please, don't wait for me. Just leave the lights on, and I won't be long,"

Bokuto then laughed as he now put his hand around Akaashi's shoulder, he declared, "I promise to bring him back home in one piece! You don't even need to call the cops!"

"Bokuto-san, you're not helping," Akaashi whispered to him, even his parents' reactions were even more alerted than before.

"Huh? Really!? Wait, that's not what I mean-," Bokuto's explanation was interrupted by Akaashi's father's chuckles. The two teenagers had their eyes widened when they heard it, they're even shocked.

"I get it, I get it. You don't have to explain yourself furthermore," he said with a low laugh. The father then said with a smile, "Have a nice night, you two. Don't come home late,"

Akaashi's eyes glistened at the words his father just told him before smiling happily at him then turning his head to Bokuto who's already smiling down at him. They look so in love, even the parents could tell but they're somehow hesitant about it. The parents wonder why though.