Chapter 39. Upcoming Birthday

"Please don't say you still don't believe me!" Hannah huffed in utter annoyance. She's spelling out to Amy since their Best Intern Award Day, which has been an entire week by now, that Elena's dress was a designer and not made by herself.

"Couldn't you just see? She doesn't deserve the award at all. I have really seen that design somewhere, I just can't squeeze in my mind." Hannah continued her complain lodging, whilst Amy was occupied in her work, just nodding her head when needed.

"Why are you making so much fuss about all of this Han, till I know you have no heed towards that award, right?" Amy paused her work and arched her eyebrow in question. Not a single minute Hannah missed to bleat about Elena and her design. Amy is sure, Elsa would have perceived if it was a designer.

"I still don't care about it, but it was you who deserved that Amy! Yours was the best of all, better than that designer."

"Thanks Hannah." Amy smiled genuinely, she really wished to achieve this month's award, but she also knows others are here for the same purpose and if Elena has received the award then she'd be deserving it. She just need to work with more passion the next time. However, this time too she didn't skimp on a single thing, she had devoted her day and night in her design with a hope of achieving the award. "And if you really mean what you said, then I'll work harder and grab the next award." She winked at her playfully to lighten up her grumpiness. She doesn't want one award to let her confidence get down. "Can we head home now?" Just talking about home brought smile on her face with excitement laced in her voice.

"Home?" Hannah asked playfully, she was aware of everything which was happening between the two. "Oh how can I forget? Your Mr. Chef would be waiting for you, with his delicious...oops, the delicious food." She hadn't stopped teasing Amy, since she explained their "situation" to her and how happy he was making her with each day passing.

Amy blushed red, she swatted her arm and pushed her out of her cubicle. She locked it behind and turned around to find Elena's smug smile.

"Enjoying the defeat?" Elena mocked in a teasing tone, the sneer on her face was making Hannah sick. She wasn't sure if she'd be able to tolerate that look any longer.

"What do you want, looser." Hannah hissed, getting irate. She knows her too well to know, she hoaxed in getting the award.

"Ooh, attitude huh? Save it Harford, we all know who is the looser here." She scoffed, flipping her brown hair off her shoulder, showing off her pearl necklace.

"And we also know you don't deserve the award, maybe we should hand it to the designer who designed it?" Hannah narrowed her eyes in anger, she couldn't bear her stances anymore.

Amy couldn't outlook Hannah's determination. The confidence in her voice, the slight fear in Elena's eyes which replaced by detest in an instance, proved Hannah's words true.

"You are cleverer than you look, I should give you credit for that." Elena smirked, her eyes held loath for them. Amy couldn't understand what made her so bitter towards them, especially Amy, the hatred her eyes seeped for her was the proof. She was nothing but polite and sweet to everyone, what did go wrong here then?

"And now, don't make the mistake of spreading this new discovery sweetheart, it'd do nothing good to you." She hissed at them. She abhorred Amy with no bounds.

"What has caused this bitterness towards me?" Amy spoke up for the first time, she couldn't take her attitude anymore.

"Oh, you speak! Well, let's see, maybe this same thing! Your sweetness, your trick of getting people attracted towards you by this fake politeness of yours. You've made everyone glory you. I couldn't let you achieve the award and fuel the pride." Elena finally let out her grudge towards Amy, not caring about keeping her voice low.