Chapter 36. Acquiring Affection

Amy was glad for extending her trip and attending the function with Blake and his family. Everyone was so loving and friendly, which made her forgot that this is the first time she's meeting them, they made her feel like family and then there was Blake ,who not even once left her side.

It was time for the dinner now, four hours passed in such a blur. Once the family function was over, the kids left upstairs with the birthday boy, which left the party to all by the grown ups. It was more like a social gathering, than a birthday celebration. Amy got to meet many famous people including Dianna, who was stunned to see Amy there and acquainted with the Brooke. It revealed she was a long term friend of Brianna and had worked with her, before Brianna shut down her business.

"Did you enjoy?" Blake asked Amy softly, making sure no one hear them on the dinner table. He couldn't be any more happier than today. Amy blended with his family so well that it seemed she was already a part of them.

"Yes, I did. Thank you." Amy replied shyly, her eyes professed the truth of her words. The evening went perfect, minus the incident with Jacob.

"We can leave if you're tired?" Blake asked gently, placing a hand on her thigh.

Amy's stiffened under his touch but it didn't take longer, before she got relaxed in it. And as to answer his question, she was getting a little exhausted by now, the heels were killing her feet and she doubted if she'd be able to walk around without tripping, anymore. It didn't seem like the party would end anytime soon and her body wasn't in the state to relish the party anymore.

"Is it okay, if we leave?" She asked Blake wryly. She doesn't want Blake to leave the party and his relatives just for her, but she has no way else to return the mansion, going alone isn't a option as she's sill not acquainted enough with the city to roam alone, also because she isn't very good at driving—not that she has a car, though.

"Or we can stay for a little longer, if you wish to stay." She then added, placing a smile on her face. Blake was too kind and helpful through out the day, this is the least she can do for him.

"Truth to be told, I'm done with this formal function too. Its boring to death," Blake whispered in her ears. Making sure his aunt doesn't eavesdrop. "The only thing which has kept me entertained this whole evening, is my beautiful companion and if you want to leave then we should get going." He stated the truth on which Amy flushed red.

She wasn't yet comfortable the way Blake would show the affection towards her. His words always caught her and the heart would accelerate its speed. She is starting to enjoy though, her ex was never like Blake and now she knows what she was missing with him. No matter how much show he'd put up, the real affection was always missing from him.

"So are we ready?" Blake asked her, snapping out from her reverie. He was already on his feet, with his hand opened for her to take. Not wasting anymore time she stood up by Blake's side and wandered off to bid goodbye to his aunt.

"Thank you so much for coming, sweetheart." Helena hugged Amy tightly, pecking her cheeks. She had became fond of this blonde girl. "Wish to see you soon."

"It was a pleasure being with you'll. Now its my turn to offer the hospitality when you arrive New York." Amy responded happily. Even though the Brooke has acquired stardom and fame and the ladies, who own half of the city boutiques and the men, escalating their business all over Chicago and other neighbouring cities, they still were down to earth with zero haughtiess.

After Amy insisted to inform Brianna about their leave, they were good to go.

The ride back to the mansion wasn't so eventful, in fact Amy was so tired that she didn't realize when she dozed off.