Chapter 28. Unexpected Visitors

The morning greeted Amy with the sun rays awakening her and surveying its warmth. She smiled in her sleep, she felt like a fairytale princess, waking up in a luxurious bed with the sun shining brightly outside the window. She opened her eyes and rolled to the other side to discover it was ten in morning. Well, she's not in any hurry, they are in Chicago. She stretched a little and checked her phone, which she is doing a lot lately, maybe in the hope of seeing a message from Blake. To her dismay there weren't any, which made her a little disappointed. He must be busy, she reasoned with herself. But he doesn't have work on Fridays!

Okay, then why don't you text him first today. It's not like he only has to start first. The voice in back of her mind suggested.

She typed a greeting message on which she didn't get any instant reply like he used to do. Her mind wandered to many unpleasant scenarios which was increasing the anxiety. She dashed to the bathroom to get fresh and then go out and inquire Hannah, Erik might know where Blake is.

She sauntered to the hall and found the girls in the kitchen, having breakfast. She joined them hesitantly though her appetite had vanished. She glanced at Hannah who looked perfectly fine, does it mean everything is alright and its just her mind playing tricks? They were planning about what they'd be doing today, they still have one and a half day in this city and tomorrow afternoon they'd be flying back. But no one is familiar with this city so they don't know where to proceed.

"I wish Erik was here. Its his hometown and he'd know the monuments and renowned places." Hannah sighed sadly, knowing how much she has missed Erik in these two days.

Amy got distracted from the conversation when her phone buzzed. She felt butterflies fluttering in her pit, she hoped it is from Blake. And her face lit up knowing it is from Blake.

~Blake~

'Morning beautiful. It's feels great to receive a message from you. ;)'

Amy smiled in satisfaction that everything is cool and it was just her mind's negative assumption.

~Amy~

'Well, my actual reason behind the message was to ask you what's hot in your city.'

Amy covered up for her first message quickly and tried not to feed his ego. She wonders how easily he get the smile on her face, his one text is enough to do so.

~Blake~

'Are you trying to say you need me there? To be your guide?'

Blake knew what she meant but he want her to admit that she needs him so that he shows her how he can fulfill whatever she wishes for.

Amy thought for a while, well this is the best time to prove him he can't be there whenever she wants, or can he?

~Amy~

'Eventually we need a guide, and I won't mind if you want to be one.'

Amy messaged him back smugly. Yes! He doesn't possess any supernatural power which will get him here in blink of an eye. She waited for a while but no text from Blake arrived, so she gave up constantly glancing at her phone and helped herself with the cereal and milk. No one was in the mood to cook breakfast so they had what was handy. They were busy chatting when the intercom buzzed, Sofia went to answer it.

"Oh, who are they?... They do?... Okay let them come." Sofia ended the phone and turned to find the curious look on her girlfriend's face.

"Someone is there to meet us, the receptionist says they know us so I allowed them to come and see. Maybe they are from Dianna?" Sofia explained before  anyone could question.