Chapter 22. Executing The Hope

Blake drove the car to the hotel which took them almost fifteen minutes to reach. He stopped the car in front of the five star hotel, and opened the door to get out of it. He gestured to Amy to be seated as he handed the key to the valet and walked to the passenger side to open the door for Amy. Amy smiled at his gesture and slid out of her seat gracefully just for Blake to loop his arm in hers and walked in.

Amy could hear her heart pounding in the ribcage. She was nervous about this dinner although it was not a date and she knew two more would join them, but the close proximity was making her hard to breath. His intoxicating sent of perfume was overwhelming. They walked to the reception area, where a beautiful young looking girl welcomed them heartily.

"Good evening sir and ma'am. How may I help you?" The girl asked them in a sweet voice. Though it seemed the girl could only see Blake the way she was drooling at him. Not once she blinked to readjust her gaze to Amy.

Amy cleared her throat to get her attention. "We have a reservation done by the name of Hannah Harford." Amy informed her through clinched teeth. She didn't know why was she getting annoyed with that girl.

"Let me just check ma'am." The girl stated looking at Amy. Getting the hint of her annoyance. She didn't dare to stare back at Blake.

Blake let out a small chuckle witnessing Amy's mood. "What is so amusing?" Amy questioned narrowing her eyes in slit.

Blake recovered his facial expression to a serious one. "Nothing at all." Blake spoke innocently, hiding the amusement. He felt content to see a bit of jealousy in Amy. It shows he is progressing.

The girl checked their reservation and walked them to their table. "Your waiter will be at your table in a while." The receptionist informed coolly, stealing a glance at Blake.

"Thank you." Amy mumbled to her.

The girl left them then and once again she was alone with Blake. He hadn't removed his gaze from Amy for even once and Amy was aware of it which was making her nervous. She had no clue what time Hannah will arrive with Erik. Hannah didn't answer her call when Amy called her before coming here.

Amy looked around so that she doesn't have to gaze in his deep blue eyes which were blazing right now. She observed, the hotel walls were dark shade of lavender color with cream curtain draping, the table were also of the same shade of lavender with draping around it and identical chair. The place was packed with mostly young couples and they were one of them.

"Why was the reservation by Hannah's name?" Blake inquired for two reasons, one, to break the awful silence and get Amy's attention and two, because he really wanted to know the reason.

Amy caught off guard by his question, she didn't realise this while Hannah's asked to reserve the table. "Oh umm.. I didn't know any good place to have dinner.. you know? So.. Hannah offered to do the reservation for us." Amy completed with frequent stutters. This was all she could come up with. The nervousness was getting on her nerves.

"Oh okay." Blake sounded convinced by her stutter-y statement.

Before Blake could start another conversation, a guy approached them. "Good evening. I'm your attendant for tonight. Are you ready to order?" The boy asked with as much as politeness he could muster. He looked in his early twenties with his shaggy brunette hair.

Blake looked at Amy arching an eyebrow in question, if she was ready yet to order. "We are not yet ready. We would call you once we have decided." Amy answered Blake's silent question to the attendant, and looked back at Blake if he was fine with it.

"Very well miss." The attendant left the two by themself again. Amy couldn't wait longer she needs to call Hannah and ask her whereabouts before she makes a fool of herself again—well it does look foolish sitting in a hotel and not ordering anything while the worker keep an eye on you in question.