New Things

POV: No Name

"So do you want bubbles in the bath?" Lauren asked me as the tub filled up with water.

'What are bubbles?' I looked up at her.

"Have you ever had a bath?" She looked down at me with confusion.

I whined and hung my head low. In nearly eighteen years I haven't had a bath.

"It's okay little pup. From now on we'll have a bath everyday. I'll put bubbles just so you can see, but if you don't like them I'll get rid of them, okay?" Lauren gave me the decision and I just looked up at her.

'I don't make decisions. I'm an omega.' I was so confused. Since when do I make decisions?

"You do make decisions. You are my mate." Lauren picked me up carefully and gently put me in the warm water.

I briefly went through a panic, but I didn't react physically so she didn't get mad. After a few seconds the warmth of the water became more so soothing than a trap.

"Oh, somebody likes bath time." Lauren laughed a little as she started to scrub the dirt out of my grey coat. "You have such a beautiful coat, little one. It's just covered in dirt."

'I'm sorry.' I apologized as always.

"Don't apologize. It's not your fault." She looked as focused on getting the matted spots of muddy fur cleaned. "We've gotta brush this coat out too. Your wolf already told mine that it isn't letting you shift any time soon, so we'll get your wolf all clean."

I just stood there silently and enjoyed the feeling of the mud falling out of my coat. She had to change the water twice because the amount of dirt matted into my fur was enough to make a mountain.

"Alright," Lauren sighed and wiped her forehead. "That's as clean as I can get you with the first bath. You'll get another one tonight before bed."

My wolf's stomach growled and she got the hint at what I wanted and needed.

"Let's go get you some food, my little mate." Lauren picked me up. "You don't have to worry about walking another day in your life."

I smiled as I nuzzled into her neck some. My eyes shot open when I felt her lips on my head and I squirmed, falling onto the floor. I cried out as my leg bent the wrong way. The complete wrong way.

"I am so sorry. I didn't think. My wolf made me do that. Come here, little one." She tried to reach for me, but my wolf is in defense mode right now from the pain.

My wolf let out a low growl, and I felt my eyes go from blue to silver. The feeling is comparable to the subtle pressure you feel when you roll your eyes. My wolf was fully out and there wasn't a thing I could do about it.

Lauren tried to keep a straight face as I growled at her, but she really couldn't. I'm an angry ball of fluff to larger wolves.

'Leave me be.' The hair on my back stood straight up as I bared my teeth.

"You better put those teeth away." Lauren snapped at me and my wolf whined, not wanting our mate mad at us. "Good girl." She praised me and I felt relieved almost. I did something right for once.

"Who was growling?" A shorter Cuban girl walks up behind me and my wolf quickly turns around and growls at the Cuban, trying to protect our mate.

I don't trust her.

'Don't do anything stupid. We're injured.'

The Cuban shifted immediately. Her clothes ripped and her all black wolf sent me running with a limp behind Lauren's legs. My tail went in between my legs as I continued to growl lowly.

'That was real brave and smart.' I snarled at my wolf.

Meanwhile Lauren is laughing hysterically while the Cuban and I stare each other down, but I'm in between Lauren's legs. Here I am trying to protect her, but hiding behind her at the same time.

"Calm down Camz. This is my mate." Lauren wiped her tears from laughing and picked me up.

'Your mate is a rouge omega?' Camila spoke through an open link and scoffed.

"Yes, and if you have a problem with it you may leave, because like it or not she will be your Luna. Eventually you will be a lower rank than this rouge omega." Lauren bared her alpha teeth and Camila huffed before walking away. "Thank you for trying to protect me my little pup. It was sweet, but leave that stuff to me. You just keep being cute."

I yelped in pain as she put her arm underneath my legs to support me, putting pressure on the one I landed on wrong.

"What's wrong, little one?" Lauren immediately retracted her hand and held me up with her hands underneath both of my front legs.

'I fell wrong when I panicked because you kissed me. I thought you were going to bite me. I'm sorry, Alpha.' I looked away since I can't really walk away when she is holding me in the air. I'm not going to fall again either.

"I shouldn't have done that, love. I am sorry." Lauren sighed before obviously mind linking someone. Her eyes went glossy. "My friend Dinah is going to look at that leg for you."

We went into some other building and it reeked of rubbing alcohol and sanitation stuff.

"It isn't broken, but she shouldn't out much weight on it for awhile. She sprained it pretty good, and with her being an omega she won't heal for another week or so." This Dinah woman came back into the room after taking some weird pictures of my leg.

"Thank you Dinah. Should we wrap it?" Lauren asked as she ran her fingers through my coat, being careful not to run her hands along my exposed ribcage from me being skin and bones.

"With her still trying to gain weight and growing, I wouldn't. It could mess with the growth plates, and that would be an even bigger mess." Dinah then went to go work on the next injured wolf.

"Well, it's good to hear that you've still got some room to grow little one. Once you start to eat more you should grow a few inches and maybe even some muscle." Lauren smiled at me as she gently picked me up, this time not touching the bad leg. "Let's get some food in that empty tummy."

Finally.

'Lauren, will you ever hurt me like my last alpha?' I asked in our link as she carried me back to pack house to get food I presume.

"I would never lay a finger on you out of anger or malice. Anyone else I would, but not you, little one."

She made me eat almost a half pound of steak. My small body isn't used to eating, so something that big nearly made me sick.

"Is my little mate full to the brim?" Lauren asked me with a smile.

'Too full.' I let out a tired huff and laid down on the dinning table right in front of my bowl.

"Pups don't lie on tables. Pups lie on beds." My mate picked me up carefully and walked me to a bedroom that was twice the size of my old basement room. The bed alone was the size of... I don't know what.

'Where is my bed?' I looked up at Lauren.

"You sleep with me on the big bed. I'll lie on the opposite side if you aren't comfortable with me holding you yet, but you lay in the bed." She carefully put me on the mattress, something I've never been on, and I was so confused. I've never felt anything so soft.

'What do I do?' I asked Lauren as I just stood on the bed motionless.

"Lie down, little one. I won't let anything happen to you." She got under the covers on the other side of the large bed, giving me plenty of space, and just watched me.

I scooted some of the blanketed back with my snout and curled up in a ball.

Warmth engulfed me as Lauren carefully pulled the blanket over me and I closed my eyes, welcoming whatever good or bad thing that was about to come.