01: Don't Call Me Love

Chapter Number One

AMEERA

2 years later

'First semester of senior year people!' Apryl screamed in the hallway as we walked into school for the first day of the semester

'Shut up will you' I tried covering her mouth as I apologized to the people in the hallway who were staring at her. At us, and I don't like attention.

'Apryl people are staring.'

'Let them then.'

And she peeled my hand off of her mouth and took me to our lockers where we got our stuff for class. The schedule was sent for everyone through email so I scrolled through my phone for the subjects I was having. Luckily 4th period was free but I only had 3 classes with Apryl, 1st, 3rd and 6th.

We walked together to class but sat in opposite seats. I'm not one of the most attentive people in class so I sat at the back of the class next to the window but not to far so I could still hear the teacher while Apryl sat at the middle.

Class was fast as usual and after the remaining two periods, we headed to lunch. Unfortunately Apryl was running for head of the photography club this semester so she could get us "good spots in the yearbook" so she had to sign up quickly and get closer to the teacher and maybe he would throw in a favor.

I sat somewhere near the wall and ate my lunch in peace before going to the library to grab a Percy Jackson book I would use to distract myself if class was boring. It was checked out and I went to the Art room I got an empty art book my pencil and eraser and my mind went to anywhere it could to give me inspiration. This place is where I went so I could draw a little and get my mind off things. But only when school was open though.

The bell rang signaling fourth period, I dropped the pencil I was using to sketch and grabbed the book, shoved it in my bag and went for class. I hoped I would get to read my Percy Jackson.

It was science class, the class I hated every year because I would be paired with a random stranger to do the end of semester project that would be presented in front of the whole class. I normally got stuck with weird people or people who would leave me to do all the work but that's how I met Apryl. In 8th grade I was paired with her for the planets project. She was always so playful and girly and I didn't like her at the time but we grew close and became best friends. Luckily we went to the same high school so our friendship stretched further.

I got to class but this time sat in the middle row but still next to the window.

The class started and it wasn't really fun so I resorted to my Percy Jackson which was very handy because I didn't fall asleep but as I got bored and was about to excuse myself to the restroom she started talking about the project. I couldn't wait to hear who I would be with, so maybe I would do it by myself and give it in and be free for the rest of the semester

'On a piece of paper, each girl's name will be written and put in a basket which will be given to the boys to pick out from. Any name the boy picks is the girl that he will be paired with till the end of the term for this semester's project.' The female science teacher said to the boys.

After about five minutes practically all the boys had gone to sit over with their partners, I looked around to see if anyone else didn't have a partner but didn't find though last time I checked, all the boys were the same number as the girls.

I was about to stand up to the teacher to complain but I saw her directing a boy to me, maybe he saw my name but just doesn't know me. I don't blame him, I'm obviously not the most popular in my grade.

As he walked up to me, I checked out the guys outfit and why was I not surprised. All black apart from the white polo underneath his leather jacket.

Guess he's the bad boy type.

I don't know why he looked the slightest bit familiar but he just did.

'Hi' I said trying to possibly start a conversation while he sat down on his chair that was farther opposite from me.

Silence.

'Umm, did you hear me?' For about five minutes he didn't make at least any gesture to show he heard me but he did, and just sat there. Staring. At God knows where.

'When and where are we doing the project? Cause I need to get started and finished so I can continue the rest of school peacefully. And possibly away from you because I'm sure both of us don't want to be here.'

Still no answer.

'I don't know who you are and whether you care about your grades but I do because I want to graduate so can you just freakin talk so we can get this over with!' I raised my voice a little because he was getting me very irritated.

He just rolled his eyes at me statement and chuckled lowly, but that was not to lie actually attractive.

'Stop shouting and be at my house tomorrow.' He shrugged.

Does he expect me to know his house?

'Oh and I'll text you the address, pass your phone.'

I'm sure he gets girls digits like this all the time, what a player.

I mentally shook my head and laughed a little.

'No I don't love. I'm not the type of guy that does that, but does that bother you?' He arched one of his eyebrows smirking while still typing in the numbers.

Shit! I said that out loud.

'Wow, someone has a huge ego. No I don't and don't call me love and we'll be on good terms. Alright?'

He just shook his head, a little smile tugging at his lips right before he gave me back my phone.