Chapter 8

Percy's POV

The next day, Annabeth and I were having lunch with our friends at school.

"Hey Percy." Annabeth turned to me.

"Yes, Wise Girl?"

"Why don't we study at your house today?"

I felt like throwing up. She wanted to come to my house. Gabe. He could hurt her. I didn't want her to be near that guy.

"Why?" I asked, trying to act casual in front of her and my friends.

"I want to meet your mom. And I've never seen your house. Come on, please?"

I couldn't say no to her. Gabe would hopefully be gone, playing poker with his disgusting friends. And I knew Mom would like Annabeth. "Sure, why not?"

* * *

"You can put your back pack on the couch," I informed her as we stepped into the apartment.

"Thanks."

"So, my mom usually gets home in a few hours, so we should catch up on homework."

"Great. Where do we start?"

We'd been doing homework for fifteen minutes. Fifteen minutes. That was all I got. I heard a loud thud, and Gabe's disgusting voice.

"Where are you, Jackson?" He hollered. He was drunk.

"Follow me," I whispered to Annabeth, grabbing her hand. She looked at me questioningly, but followed me to my room. I dragged her into my closet, shutting the door. I took a deep breath.

"What the hell is going on?" She whisper-yelled. I covered her mouth with my hand.

"Where are you?" Gabe yelled again. "Ugh! How many times have I told that dumbass boy to stay home?!"

He entered the room, and I heard him tearing the place up. I heard the ring on his phone. He was calling me. Shit! My phone rang in my pocket.

"What?" Gabe's footsteps approached the door. The knob turned.

"Sorry Annabeth," I whispered, pulling her behind me.

Gabe opened the door. "What the hell is going on? You with a girl in my house?" He pushed me aside and grabbed Annabeth's hair in a wad. She let out yelp, but shut up as he threw her to the floor.

"Don't hurt her!" I yelled, running to her aid. Gabe tried stopping me, but I pushed him aside.

"You little shit. You think you can tell me what to do? You just wait."

Thalia's POV

"Luke, hurry!" We were walking by an apartment building, when we heard a yell. Glass broke, a girl screamed. Someone was being hurt.

"I'm calling!" He was dialing 9-1-1.

I ran up the steps of the building, leaving him to call. I stopped in front of the apartment where the noise was coming from. I can't go in unarmed. I ran to another door. A woman with a baby in her arms answered the door.

"Are you here to help? The noises... someone is being abused. I called the police and-"

"Hi, er... do you know who's in there?"

"A family. A man named Gabe, and his step family, Sally and Percy Jackson," she informed.

Percy. Annabeth. They were the voices. Police sirens blared outside. The police were here.

"Thank you." I ran down the steps as cops filled the place. A policewoman grabbed my arm.

"Young lady, I'm Officer DuBois. What's going on? Lots of phone calls from this specific area."

"Well..."

Percy's POV

Annabeth lay there, unharmed, as I bent over her. My back ached, and I could feel blood. The beer bottle. It was supposed to hit her, but I stopped it. My head spun, and I felt like I was slowly dying.

Everything else was a blur. Policemen, Gabe yelling, us being put on some bed type things, and then blacking out.

(A\N)
Lalalalala. Tell me what you think. Is it going well? For you, not for them. (Obviously!)