Chapter 5

Annabeth's POV

I just had to. His lips were inches from mine. I just wanted it so bad. I was happy when I felt him kiss back. In a minute, I pulled away.

"Oh, um, sorry. I just got caught up in the moment an-"

He stopped me. "I loved it." Then he leaned in, but this time for a soft, short kiss. "Bye. Talk tomorrow?"

"Yeah," I said. He walked away, leaving me in front of my house.

Percy's POV

Why did I leave! Oh yeah, it was because Mom was gonna be out until midnight, and Gabe said to be home by nine. It was almost ten.

I ran home, hoping Gabe was passed out. As I quietly entered the house, I was happy to see Gabe lying on the sofa, a few empty beer bottles on the floor by him. I tiptoed into my room and shut the door. A little too loudly.

"Percy! Why are you late?" Gabe yelled. I sighed and stepped out to see him waiting for me. Shit.

"I was busy. Sorry," I mumbled.

"Sorry doesn't cut it!" He threw a punch that connected with my nose. I felt warm blood trickle down my lips. "Don't be late again."

*Monday*

Two days later, I was happy to see Annabeth at school. She was talking to Thalia and some other people. When she saw me, her eyes lit up.

"Hey Annabeth," I said. I gave her a peck on the cheek. Maybe that was too forward.

"Hey, Percy. I want you to meet my friend, Piper's boyfriend Jason, who happens to be Thalia's twin." She pointed him out.

"YOU GUYS ARE A COUPLE?! FINALLY! PRAISE THE LORD!" Piper squeals. Annabeth shoots her a death glare.

"How does she know?" I whisper to Annabeth.

"Er... she helped me pick out what to wear on our date," Annabeth confessed. Piper didn't look very girly. Her hair was choppy, and she was wearing a simple pair of jeans and oversized green shirt.

"Hey, Percy!" Luke came up behind me. "You swim, right?"

"Yeah. I love to."

"Well, swim tryouts are tomorrow. You should join!" Luke said. I considered it.

"Yeah, why not?" I turn to Annabeth. "Can we skip tutoring that day?"

She smiles. "Sure. I'll come to tryouts to watch."

"Okay, Wise Girl."

"Wise Girl? Is that the best you can do... Seaweed Brain." She smirked. The bell rang. Annabeth pecks my lips and runs away. Seaweed Brain. Wait... THATS AN INSULT!

A\N
Ha ha, Percy. I like this chappy. It's short, but you know things. Percabeth is canon, Gabe abuses, Percy's trying for the swim team, and Piper and Jason are officially here! I want to slowly add in the characters. Luv ya!