I'll Go There Now

Her head was bandaged and Clara was by her side when she woke up. Senchuan was on the other side going through some documents.

"You're awake." Clara stood up and pushed the button on top of her bed. "How are you feeling?"

Soyoung looked around. Once her vision adjusted to the lighting, "How are they?" She asked.

Clara snapped. "For Pete's sake, Seanna. You're injured. How could you think of other people first?" She withdrew her hand that was on Soyoung's forehead.

Soyoung saw from her peripheral vision that Senchuan stood up.

"I'm fine. Can you give me some water, please?" She felt too tired to argue with Clara. Her body was still aching all over.

Senchuan immediately handed her a glass.

Just then, Dr. Kim along with President Jung entered the room.

President Jung greeted her first. "I am very relieved that you are conscious now, Dr. Lee. I made sure it was Dr. Kim who attended to you. But we couldn't rest until you woke up. How are you feeling?"

"My head aches, but it's bearable. I think the damage was just physical. All other functions are okay." She assured the old man.

"You were very lucky to only have a concussion. It should completely heal in two weeks' time. What we were worried about was the effect of inhalation on you. You were inside the house too long. But now that you said all is functioning well, that's a good sign. We will still need to take the tests though." Dr. Kim said.

"How are they?" She asked.

"The men who were with you? Almost all of them are recovering now. They reported difficulty of breathing so they are still on oxygen. You've been unconscious for almost 2 days. They woke up ahead of you. One is in the ICU. There were mild burns on his throat. We're still observing him." Dr. Kim answered.

"Don't worry about them, Dr. Lee. We will take care of them. Focus on recovering. The hospital needs you." President Jung winked warmly at her.

She laughed a little. "I'll ask Senchuan to bring the documents that I need to review tonight."

Clara glared at her. "You are banned from all of your work until you are recovered, Seanna. Senchuan, Tim, Uncle Raymond, and I will help you and you are not, to any extent, to personally attend to your work. Do you understand?"

"Clara, it's just a concussion." She laid back down in bed.

"You will follow me or I will drag you out of South Korea to Wyoming this instant." Her eyes were threatening. "We didn't allow you to come here to get killed."

The President and Dr. Kim laughed. "You have to rest, Dr. Lee. Give it a few more days. If Anna was alive, she would've flicked your forehead by now." The old man put his hand on her shoulder before they left.

Clara went out to buy food and clothes. Apparently, she only took two pairs of clothes when she rushed to the first flight to South Korea upon hearing the news. She has talked to Olivia, Raymond, James, and Tim in the last hour. Even James restricted her to do anything for the next three days.

"Senchuan, is there an update about what happened in the villa?"

"It is being investigated. The findings of the local police were faulty wiring but the agents got the list of all the people who went in and out of the villa from a week before the shoot, they are now checking on what they did inside the villa, and their activities outside." Suspicion can be seen in Senchuan's eyes as he spoke.

The Lees are not foreign to attempts to their lives. They have been trained to defend themselves and always be cautious of people and situations. However, she didn't know if she was the target this time.

She handed him a paper. "Call the lab and get this to them. Tell them to test the boys. The result should come out in two hours."

"Are you thinking poisoning?" Senchuan asked after reading the test she requested.

"I'm thinking very strong sleeping pills. They didn't wake up despite the heat and smoke. I shook them as hard as I could to no avail. If what I'm thinking is right, it should leave a trace in their system for a week. They have to be tested today."

"On whose name should this be run?" He asked.

"The CEO's".

The results showed an overdose of temazepam. Dr. Kim was informed of the result and he immediately administered flumazenil to counter the effects.

It was a miracle they survived. She wondered how they induced it. She ate with them throughout the day.

"The wine." That was the only thing she did not have since she doesn't drink.

She was thinking of all possible scenarios when Senchuan showed her her phone.

"Do you want to answer it?" He asked. She saw Chanyeol's name on the screen.

"Yes. Thanks."

Senchuan handed her the phone.

"Yeoboseyo? Soyoung-a?" She could hear his uneven breathing on the other end of the line.

"Ne. It's me. How are you?" She asked trying to brush off the troubling thoughts from her head.

"We're doing good. The doctor gave us another medicine, he said he'll check again after 5 hours." Chanyeol answered and put her on speaker.

"Noona, how are you?" She heard Kai's faint voice in the background.

She smiled. It was pleasant to hear their voices.

"I'm ok. I woke up this morning. Everything's ok." She replied.

"Ah. Can we..." Chanyeol got cut off by a shout.

"We don't know your room number, Soyoung-a!" Chen yelled.

She heard someone take the phone from Chanyeol.

"We wanted to visit you since yesterday but they won't tell us where you are. What's your room number?" She heard Kyungsoo.

"Aniyo. I'll go to you." She said.

Kyungsoo fell silent.

"Are you well enough to walk? If not, forget it. We can see you some other time." She heard Suho.

"How's Sehun-a?" She asked.

Nobody answered.

"I'll go there now."

********
Poison? Sleeping pills? Who wants to harm them? 😤🧐😳

Your comments and votes always make my day a notch brighter! Kamsahamnida!

Random question today would be:

If you were to take the members to a date, where would it be and why?

여보세요 (Yeoboseyo)
- Standard: Hello? (talking over the phone)

Thank you for reading! 🌧