07 - afraid, what's coming next?

yeonjun opened his eyes to the feeling of being suffocated

yeonjun opened his eyes to the feeling of being suffocated. all he could see was that surroundings were dark before his eyes closed again.

sleepily, he tried to get up but failed, a heavy weight crushing him. yeonjun wondered if he'd rolled off and under his bed again; that had already happened a few times, so it wouldn't be much of a surprise.

this time when he opened his eyes, he waited for them to adjust. yeonjun was surprised to see soobin's upper body thrown over yeonjun's torso. he could feel the dried sweat on his body and the very real weight of soobin's body on his.

yeonjun quietly counted to ten and shakingly reached out a hand to touch soobin's hair. it was damp, probably from the shower. but he yanked his hand back quickly anyway.

real. it was real.

yesterday was real. it had really happened.

now that it had been confirmed, yeonjun was content to just lay there all day. this just seemed like perfection.

but of course, the happy moments tended to be ruined easily.

the sound of a phone ringing pierced the air, and before yeonjun could even take a breath, soobin was up and out of the bed, phone pressed to his ear while he listened intently.

"i'll be there in a few minutes," he nodded, as if the person on the other end could see him. after pausing a second, he said blankly, "that's fine," and ended the call.

he did all of this without once ever even glancing over at yeonjun, who was watching this play out with wide eyes, unsure of what to feel.

soobin opened a drawer and pulled on a shirt robotically, brushing his hands through his hair. 

he was literally just getting dressed, yet somehow the way he did it made yeonjun want to drag him back and not let him leave.

squirming slightly with this new feeling, yeonjun wasn't quite sure what to do. after last night, what were they? what kind of privileges did he have? i mean, could he even ask soobin to stay? no, he probably had somewhere important to be.

instead, yeonjun shrunk into himself and meekly watched soobin fix his clothes for a bit and start for the door. he caught sight of yeonjun as he went, and paused for a second, deliberating.

yeonjun avoided eye contact with him, suddenly shy and slightly embarrassed over what happened between them.

"hey," came soobin's voice softly from across the room, and yeonjun found himself looking up. "you uh... do you need a ride or something?" soobin scratched his head and also looked slightly embarrassed, but more awkward than anything.

yeonjun shook his head, not wanting to be a burden. "i can... walk," he shrugged, looking back down again and kneading his hands together nervously.

"'kay," soobin said quickly before promptly leaving, closing the door with a final click that warned he wasn't coming back.