05 - too soon with a drunk call.

yeonjun kept his stare on the hoop, concentrated

he knew he could make the shot, if he just aimed correctly and threw it with the right amount of force. he knew because sports were one of the few things yeonjun was sure he was good at.

coiling up, yeonjun pushed into the launching pose-

"sports are dumb."

a voice startled him, causing yeonjun to slip and the basketball to launch out of his hands and over the hoop, into their neighbor's backyard.

he caught himself before he could fall and stared in an annoyed matter at the suspect, a brown-haired boy with cute ears leaning over the brick wall that separated their houses.

he laughed, and then yeonjun saw the dimples.

he immediately fell in love.

"what's wrong with you," he huffed. "i almost had that. you could at least give me my ball back."

instead, the boy disappeared from his spot, and never popped back up.

yeonjun huffed and walked around his house to the front, where he then struggled with the nervousness of knocking on the neighbor's door to ask for his ball back.

he had never really known much about their neighbors, so yeonjun definitely had no idea that such a cute boy lived nearby.

he braced himself for the embarrassment, and stepped up to the porch, knocking softly.

yeonjun was happy.

actually, happy couldn't even begin to describe it.

after saying a quick good night to his parents, who were watching tv in the living room, yeonjun had sped upstairs and checked his phone eagerly throughout doing his nightly routine. he knew it was stupid to wait for a text or call so soon, but yeonjun was too happy to wait.

but alas, just as he'd finished washing his face, he saw a text from an unknown number, saying, "it's soobin, save my number, cutie."

yeonjun squealed and typed back, "you're the cutie".