17 - we're better on our own.

yeonjun woke up the next day to the sound of kai singing loudly somewhere off in the apartment

he yawned slightly and stretched his arm out, searching for soobin's familiar warmth, but all he found were balled up blankets.

oh, that was right. soobin had left earlier, for something work-related, upon which yeonjun had rolled over onto the elder's side of the bed.

with a long stretch and a more forceful yawn, yeonjun rubbed at his eyes and sat up. it was late in the morning.

late enough so that the sun shone brightly through the curtains, late enough so that he could hear the air conditioner kicking in, late enough so that his stomach was beginning to bother him.

he hadn't bothered to change out of his clothes last night, which had been a mistake. he felt sticky, sweaty. a shower was at hand, apparently.

after a quick rinse, yeonjun searched through the big closet in soobin's room, looking for comfortable clothing. he already knew today was going to be a lazy day.

settling for one of soobin's button up shirts and a pair of black shorts, he got dressed quickly and padded out to greet kai.

the aforementioned was dancing around the apartment, singing happily to himself. the brunette's good mood was contagious.

yeonjun grinned and asked, "hey, ningning... what's got you so happy this morning?"

kai squealed, "yeonjun hyung!" he dashed over and squeezed the aforementioned elder around the waist before dancing happily in place. "umh, good mood? i dunno, i just feel real happy today. say, when did you and soobin hyung get back? it was pretty late, huh?"

"oh... yeah. sorry we didn't tell you; you looked so peaceful sleeping and we didn't want to wake you up," yeonjun admitted sheepishly.

"oh, it's okay, hyung... so, what happened?"

"hey, i'm gonna need you to tell me what's going on," soobin cut him off brashly

"hey, i'm gonna need you to tell me what's going on," soobin cut him off brashly. however, he gently took yeonjun's face in his hands, using his thumbs to caress the younger's cheekbones. "i... i can't stand seeing you like this. what did beomjyu do this time?"