23 - are we just friends?

(4/4)

besides waking up to a killer headache and nausea spells, waking up to an annoying phone call was one of the worst ways to start your day; and yeonjun just so happened to be lucky enough to wake up with both

"yes, lulu, i'm fine," yeonjun sighed into his phone as he clambered down the stairs of his parent's house, irritable. he was hungover, thirsty, sleepy, and thoroughly confused. why had soobin brought him back here and not to his house?

lucas said anxiously, "are you sure?"

yeonjun bit his tongue to avoid letting out a scathing response to the unnecessary question. obviously, lucas was just as distrusting of soobin as everyone else seemed to be.

why was it that now, suddenly his friends frequently checked up on him? they didn't seem to care before.

"yes, i'm sure." yeonjun opened up the cupboards angrily and took out a glass. his head was aching and everything was still too bright.

lucas cleared his throat. "i... okay, you know i'm not a nosy person; i just mind my own business, but... what's going on with you and soobin?"

yeonjun closed his eyes, too annoyed, too achy, too tired to want to answer the question everyone kept asking him. as if he even knew the answer to it anyway.

"i'll let you know when i figure that out, lulu. ok, bye."

he hung up without waiting for a response from lucas, which he knew he'd eventually feel guilty later for. but as always, he pushed that emotion and thoughts for future yeonjun to worry about.

the good thing about pushing stuff off for your future self is that you could indefinitely continue pushing it off, until you were dead. and once you're dead, there's no need to worry about those things you pushed off, because you're dead.

yeonjun shook out a few pain reliever pills and popped them, chugging them down with a glass of water as if he hadn't had a sip of water in years. this made him stop. and question. when was the last time he drank water?

he shrugged off the question. at the moment, the most important thing on his mind was to get rid of the headache that was screaming through his temples and skull.

with a sigh, he picked up his phone and dialed soobin's number.

"hey, look who's finally awake."

"why did you bring me back here," yeonjun complained as he trudged up the stairs. "you know all my stuff's at your place, anyway."

"oh. damn. and kai's here too, so he can't let you in... why don't you have a key already? hmph. i'll get someone to drop off a copy for you." soobin's tone of voice was neutral.

yeonjun questioned, "why can't you or ningning let me in?"

"...we're not home."

"when will you be back?"