26 - not even conscious.

"junie? what happened; who's at the door," soobin stuck his head out from the kitchen to stare seriously at yeonjun panicking in the adjoined front hallway

yeonjun immediately rushed over to him, stopping halfway to slide the rest of the way over in his socks.

he latched onto soobin's arm and said in a fearful tone, "there are crazy people at the door."

"'crazy people'," soobin repeated, his tone becoming even more concerned. he furrowed his eyebrows and gently turned yeonjun to face him, staring into his eyes. "what do you mean by 'crazy people'? do i need to do something about it?"

the doorbell rang again, and yeonjun stared at the front door with anxiety conveyed in his eyes.

he took a shaky breath and finally answered, "there was a man and a woman. he was from an entertainment company, and she was from a modeling agency. they wanted to talk to me. both of them. and they kept trying to shout over each other."

soobin looked confused. "an entertainment company. a modeling agency. why did they come to your house? how did they know where you live?"

yeonjun raised an eyebrow. "how should i know?"

shaking his head with a slight smile, soobin then said in a gravelly tone, "junie. . . its kind of weird but, maybe you should hear them out. . . those are very good opportunities."

"me?! a model?! an idol?!" yeonjun widened his eyes at soobin, horrified. "me," he emphasized, as if insinuating that he did not deserve either title.

soobin gently caressed yeonjun's face, warmth spreading through his features. "yes, you. ah, junie. do you really not see how amazing you are? you can do anything. you're so full of promise and i wish you could see yourself through my eyes. there's nothing in your way but your own self. you don't need anyone."

yeonjun frowned a bit, attempting to hold his ground. but how could he, when soobin had just spouted those words? no one had ever said those words to him before, and definitely not with that caliber of emotion.

there was a pinch-like feeling that started up around his eyes, and yeonjun's vision blurred as the weight of soobin's affirmation sank into his skin.

the old stinging, itchy pain started up again, around those familiar scars. but something else happened, too. his chest somehow felt like it was too small for his heart, and it beat wildly, crazily against the confines of his ribcage.

"oh, don't cry, my pretty baby."

soobin used his thumbs to wipe at the hot tears that had begun escaping yeonjun's eyes on their own whim.

"now, go open that door and listen to their offers."

his hands lowered to grip yeonjun's shoulders firmly, and he twisted the aforementioned's body around so that he faced the door.