03 - baby, i beg you.

"why are you giving me this?"

yeonjun stared at the necklace's long chain, a small hoop at the end.

"i think it would look nice on you," soobin admitted. "besides, it's something you can remember me by."

yeonjun remembered the hurried way he'd tried to clasp it on, prompting soobin to laugh and lean over to help.

and when he'd let go of the necklace, his hands had slowly traced down yeonjun's arms, catching his hands lightly, but then he let go.

and yeonjun really didn't know who blame what he did next on. probably he was the true culprit, but to be fair, soobin had really put all the odds against him.

 probably he was the true culprit, but to be fair, soobin had really put all the odds against him

"oh, i see it," soobin leaned forward and stared at the ring of silver glinting in the light. "i really thought you would have gotten rid of that a long time ago." he laughed shortly, humorlessly, and looked away.

what was that supposed to mean?

yeonjun hated the awkwardness that hung in the air between them. he hated it more than anything, but there was not much he could do about it.

"you're taller," yeonjun tried for a smile. "i remember you always wanted to be really tall."

soobin grimaced. "it's not as cool as i thought it would be. i spend most of my time getting asked to reach things for people. that or knocking my head into low-hanging shit."

yeonjun laughed quietly. he'd barely even made a sound. then he pointed out another change. "you're wearing a suit."

he frowned, looking down at his empty cup before asking lightly, "are you done with your ice cream?"

he changed the subject.

but yeonjun nodded and stared at the light blue milkshake that was in his cup. he quickly chucked it into the trash can, before soobin could see.

they walked back out, and yeonjun was happy to see the sun setting. this was always his favorite time of day, where the last bit of sunlight hovered on the edge of the sky, and quickly became dark.