28 - tonight i'm giving up.

** the actual lyric in the song is:  tonight i'm gettin throwed — with "throwed" alluding to a drug high, but i decided to change the lyric to better fit the mood of the chapter i guess?

the waiting room had been busy and crammed full of people.

yeonjun found himself gravitating to soobin's side as he noticed people staring unwaveringly at them; their eyes felt like they were boring holes into yeonjun's face.

a short current of electricity sparked through his torso when he felt soobin's arm curl around him, pulling yeonjun closer to his side.

he cowered into the protective embrace and avoided the stares, concentrating on the slightly faded smell of soobin's day-old cologne, wishing they could be anywhere else.

soobin found them a pair of seats together, away from the crowded area.

he took the pen and silently began filling out yeonjun's name, to which the brunette immediately questioned, "what are you doing? i can do that. . ."

"shh," soobin used the hand that wasn't writing to lightly brush some of yeonjun's curls away from his face and then calmly explained, "you're injured. now, help me fill this out."

dutifully, yeonjun relayed his answers to the questions without paying much attention to the actual form itself. he instead focused on the screen in the corner of the room, which was playing a cartoon movie without any volume.

soobin suddenly tapped his arm. "um. . . who's your emergency contact?"

yeonjun glanced down at the form and then brought his line of sight back to soobin's face.

emergency contact.

person to call in case of an emergency.

yeonjun screwed up his lips in thought, hoping soobin wouldn't react weirdly to his answer.

"you."

he let out a breath of relief as soobin nodded thoughtfully, jotting down his own name and phone number without a second thought.

once the entire form had been filled out, soobin went to go turn it in; yeonjun stared at his injured palm, the pain having reached such excruciating levels that his entire hand had gone numb.

he felt nothing, which was a comfort compared to his otherwise constant state of pain and hurt.

once soobin had returned, he informed yeonjun sheepishly, "they weren't going to let me in if we weren't related so uh, i had to tell the nurse we were brothers."

a mischievous smile stretched across yeonjun's face before he leaned over and pressed their lips together clumsily.

soobin seemed to have been caught off-guard and confused, so he only lightly placed a hand on yeonjun's cheek.