Chapter 37

In what seemed like forever but was actually only three days, I was discharged. After confirming that the baby was healthy and would likely stay that way throughout the pregnancy, the doctor finally decided that it was time for me to leave. Now all we have to do is wait for the baby to turn or something. At a certain point, my baby's head is supposed to face the other way.

Sebastian visited me every single day with either flowers or chocolate and an apology. Blaire tagged along once but did not enter the room, I guessed that she was still upset that I would not accept their terms.

"I can drive you home," Sebastian offered. I was dressed in a loose dress that Anna had chosen for me and I was packing up my things as I waited for Gavin. I contemplated Sebastian's offer and then I shook my head.

"Gavin already offered, he is staying with us for a few extra days so it makes sense," I explained. "Thank you though."

"Well I took two days off so I am all yours if you need anything," He said. He was being gentle and understanding but I hated it because I didn't trust him. It seemed to me that he was waiting for this baby to pop out of me so that he could come in and whisk it away to live in their own fairytale, without me.

"I am fine, really." I tried to bite my tongue but I hate being fake. "If this is some ruse to try and get me to like you so that you can somehow get full custody of this baby then you can stop because I am definitely not falling for it."

He chuckled. I was nearly fuming and he had the nerve to let out a little chuckle. I crossed my arms ready to start a fight.

"Did anything I just said sound funny to you?" I asked, raising my eyebrows at his smug face. He let out another laugh.

"I am so sorry," he said mid chuckle, "I am just not used to your bluntness".

He moved to get the bag that I had finished packing and I blocked him, his hand almost poking my stomach but he pulled it away quickly.

"I made a terrible mistake trying to get that baby from you," He said. "I want you to know I will never try something like that again, this baby is ours and I am willing to raise him/her with you as the baby's mother."

"Is Blaire okay with that?" I was tempted to ask. I did not feel like going through another attack.

"Blaire and I have decided to part ways," he breathed out.

"I am sorry to hear that," I said.

"It was time honestly," He answered.

"How about your companies?" I asked nosily. Blaire seemed to be financially motivated, as long as she was around and had good motives, I did not feel safe.

"I found a way around it so that both our companies stay afloat, I have already signed a contract with her brother." He smiled. "Everything seems to be working out."

"Yeah, yeah," I agreed. "Anyway, speaking of contracts."

I grinned cheekily and showed him a draft contract my lawyer had sent that morning. He looked at it wearily and skimmed through the pages. He then let out a wide smile.

"You got a lawyer," He said.

"I was not going to let you take my baby away and even though you changed your mind, it could change again," I explained. "I do not want to be surprised again."

"Why are you smiling?" I asked, rolling my eyes. He just shook his head and pulled out what looked like another contract and I raised my eyebrows.

"What is that?" I asked, almost threateningly.