Chapter 28

Sebastian had shown up later that evening in casual clothing that were still probably way more than our rent. He held a bottle of wine (also probably more expensive than my rent) and a box wrapped in some sort of silk in his arms that I looked at in curiosity.

"We're having snacks so I brought chocolate and a few fruits, wasn't sure which one you'd like but-" He rambled nervously and I smiled, that seemed to calm him down. "I was not sure what flowers you'd like and you can never go wrong with chocolate right?".

"Right." I opened the door wider to let him in and I could not contain my excitement, he definitely did not go wrong with the chocolate.

"So where is Anna?" He asked and that immediately brought a frown on my face. That Judas made all sorts of promises about being with me the whole evening and helping me out with Sebastian and then ditched me a few minutes before he arrived. She left a note saying 'Out with Pete. Have fun x'

"She's out on a date," I resist the urge to roll my eyes and he chuckles as I make myself comfortable on our fluffy carpet.

"Relax," He smiled, looking at the floor cautiously before joining me, "I am not that bad of company, I won't bite".

I blushed, embarrassed, "I didn't mean it like that, I am just not good at conversations, I ramble and eventually say things I don't intend to say".

"I ramble too, I've been behaving like an idiot lately and it must be the thought of being a father". He scratches his eyebrows and looks genuinely nervous.

"I didn't even plan on being a mother, imagine how nervous I am," I rub my stomach and laugh a little.

"Actually, Blaire didn't tell me she planned on using my sperm," He crossed his legs, somehow leaning in, "I was in my office and this lady calls and she's rambling on about how the sperm that I had frozen as a joke with on of my best friends was used with another woman's egg".

"Yikes," I laughed and he chuckled along.

"I mean it's nothing compared to yours, how did that even happen?".

"I don't know! I went in for a Pap test and I checked, they're supposed to confirm your name and the procedure before the artificial insemination". I said, eating the chocolate that somehow got opened while we were talking and I remembered I never brought the snacks.

I immediately got up, surprising him and rushed to the kitchen to get the bowls of popcorn, chips, fruits, and the few juice boxes I had managed to carry, my bump supporting most of it.

"Whoa, that food is enough to feed a party," Sebastian whistled, helping me with most of it effortlessly.

"There's more in the kitchen," I said, nearly breathless and turned to go get more only to feel his warm had gently clasp my arm. Shocked at the sudden contact I nearly tripped, saved only by Sebastian's steady hands on my waist. We now stood face to face, I took his hand and placed it gently on my bump and cleared my throat.

"I'm eighteen weeks along, basically almost five months and that means I'm halfway to being a mother" I whispered and increased the distance between us. I liked the rate my heart beat when I was near him but he was engaged and I respected that.

He took my hand and lightly squeezed it, "Halfway to being parents".

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
School's opening, my updates will depend on the number of votes. The Length of my chapters will depend on the number of comments.

I love the support, I love you!😂❤ cheesy but who doesn't like cheese right? (Ew I should stop now)

Point out the errors please, it helps a lot (nicely though hehe😂)